Travel from Santiago airport to La Vega

AshtonMorgan

Jan 6, 2012
Hi All,
I'm planning a trip to La Vega in April for myself and my 7 year old daughter. We are flying into Santiago and our flight will be arriving around 1am. What is the safest and most cost effective way for us to get to La Vega from the Santiago Airport? Also, is it a 'safe place' (as if any place is 'safe' anymore) to be as a female with my young daughter at that time of night?

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
Taxi will be the only option getting out of the Santiago Airport. La Vega will be dead after 10 PM, you will not see anyone on the road after that time except few trucks transporting vegetables to the airport and cities. So you will be lonely at that time.

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Ashton,

I agree with HumbleH. I highly recommend that you have your people in La Vega make the arrangements for your airport taxi pickup. If you're taking the JetBlue flight from JFK to STI, and someone you know is meeting you, then you and your daughter should be relatively safe.

Preston

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The airport in Santiago is one of the safest places in the DR. Not to worry a bit. You should have your people in La Vega meet your flight. They love the "can", and will be just outside the customs area waiting for you! It is only a 20 minute ride to La Vega so it is no big deal. If they can't do it, there are taxis right there for about 20 bucks...

HB