AI info for Bavaro/Punta Cana area...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I need info on any of the AI resorts in the area that would be good to spend a week to ten days.

I've never been to this part of the DR and am not familiar with any of the hotels, so I have no idea what separates one from another because in the travel brochures they all look nice.

Thanks in advance.

Feb 7, 2007
I would certainly recommend you Ocean Blue & Sand in Punta Cana. Not as big as Fiesta Palladium complex, but they have excellent food and premium drinks at non-premium prices.

Rooms are nice and have even been recently renovated to provide gadgets like LCD, two huge pools are beyond beautiful, and staff is great (also a safety box is for free, which cannot be said of some other resorts like Bahia Principe). Beach is practically the same as in other PUJ hotels, and it's an easy stroll between the lobby, the buffet restaurant and a-la-carte restaurants, and the pools/beach. Several a-la-carte restaurants (Mexican, American, Italian, Steakhouse, Dominican, Seafood) complement excellent buffet meals.

You can read international papers provided free of charge while sipping a frappucino in Mike's coffeehouse while enjoying an excellent cheesecake or other sweets.

There is also a bowling alley and a climbing wall to add to your spare time.

A very nice disco place with fully stocked open bar keeps you dancing until late hours and a sports bar stays open till morning along with overnight snacks (burgers, fries, wings) so you can continue your holiday blast as long as you can keep up. Don't forget the regular karaoke to publicly present your artistic skills.

You can check it out at Ocean by H10 Hotels. Hoteles y Resorts en el Caribe con las mejores ofertas

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I agree with Rubio, Ocean Blue & Sand is one of my favorites. Iberostar is up there too. Good rooms and consistently good to excellent service.

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Palladium resorts right in the center of the Bavaro strip are very good, been there 7 times myself, 4 resorts in the complex,
Bavaro section, Punta Cana sectiion, Palace section (stay at 1 Play at 3) as well as Royal Suites Turquesa (adult only)

Fiesta Hotel Group: The Royal Suites, Palladium Resorts, Fiesta Hoteles, Fresh Apartamentos, Ayre Hoteles - Informaci?n, Reservas y Ofertas

middle right has listings of the 4 resorts

~I would concurr with WUD...I have personally stayed at the Resort 16 times, and my son's wedding is at this resort this coming Summer!!!! You get more bang for your buck, and they have been remolding again....