Thread: 401k,457 VS Dominican bank CD

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I believe Banco central

I believe is this thread of search Dr1 cd rates mate

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    What about if you just live off the interest and keep the capital intact? it doesn't matter if it devalues,you just creating chum change.On a 100.000 usd,you would get,let's just say 1200.00 usd monthly...that would probably cover your rent or car payment.So essentially you driving around for free beacuse you lent them money.So even if you break even at the end,you did rip some benefits....no?
    I have a friend from Queens who has done just that for over a decade in SD. When her Social Security kicked in, she really had no problems. Still hasn't touched the principle she came with.

Super Moderator
    DR1.com

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nyc dad View Post
    What about if you just live off the interest and keep the capital intact? it doesn't matter if it devalues,you just creating chum change.On a 100.000 usd,you would get,let's just say 1200.00 usd monthly...that would probably cover your rent or car payment.So essentially you driving around for free beacuse you lent them money.So even if you break even at the end,you did rip some benefits....no?
    1,200 USD a month on a 100k investment? I don't think you can get that type of return unless you take a bigger risk. The central bank is not giving those kinds of returns on CDs anymore. The highest rates you can get right now is 8% for putting your money down for 3 years Banco Central de la Repblica Dominicana

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by suarezn View Post
    1,200 USD a month on a 100k investment? I don't think you can get that type of return unless you take a bigger risk. The central bank is not giving those kinds of returns on CDs anymore. The highest rates you can get right now is 8% for putting your money down for 3 years Banco Central de la Repblica Dominicana
    There's another thread going on where somebody stated they got 16% over 7.Search Dr1 cd rates

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AlterEgo View Post
    I have a friend from Queens who has done just that for over a decade in SD. When her Social Security kicked in, she really had no problems. Still hasn't touched the principle she came with.
    Hopefully you will have two friend from Queens that have achieved that,lol.tx for correcting me,leant to say principal not capital

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12