Marrying a Dominicana Yes or No?

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Man

Jan 9, 2012
I?m a gringo, 27 years old, living on an island in the Caribbean. Met a 29 year old Dominicana (three kids, I?m not the father). We are living together for a year now. Some time ago she got pregnant. Since that moment she completely changed.. which can happen when you get pregnant.

G-Man

Jan 9, 2012
Now she’s starting to get herself together, but the way she responses to me changed completely… She wants to get her other kids to this Island (Which is good imo), we are preparing to get married…(prenup and I want to have 50/50 authority for the newborn).

G-Man

Jan 9, 2012
None of the above seems to be a problem. I know part of her family, they seem very nice to me, so no problem over there She works in a hotel (bar), 6 days a week. I work in an office, 5 days a week. She told me a great story about how everything went wrong in the past and how she, eventually, got over here. Good thing is that she never requests me for money, she works and she is self providing (until a certain level).

G-Man

Jan 9, 2012
On the other hand… she tends to not do very much in the household (laundry/cooking and things like that). So the question is… will she be a good spouse? Furthermore, seeing that the other kids are separated from her, another question arises… Will she be a good mother for my kid?
<o:p> </o:p>
Does anyone know whether it is normal to leave your own kids in DR, and travel to another Country to make money and send the money home to the kids/family? Imo it’s not good for the kids to be separated from their mom for a considerable amount of time… Anyone experience in situations like this?

G-Man

Jan 9, 2012
Conclusively… I’m asking myself the following question.. Am I being paranoid or do I have reasons to question some of the characteristics of this situation?
<o:p> </o:p>
Any help/opinions would be appreciated!

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
I think he thinks this is a chat room or something...

G-Man, post everything in one post please!

G-Man

Jan 9, 2012
I think he thinks this is a chat room or something...

G-Man, post everything in one post please!

I’m a gringo, 27 years old, living on an island in the Caribbean. Met a 29 year old Dominicana (three kids, I’m not the father). We are living together for a year now. Some time ago she got pregnant. Since that moment she completely changed.. which can happen when you get pregnant.
Now she’s starting to get herself together, but the way she responses to me changed completely… She wants to get her other kids to this Island (Which is good imo), we are preparing to get married…(prenup and I want to have 50/50 authority for the newborn). ]None of the above seems to be a problem. I know part of her family, they seem very nice to me, so no problem over there She works in a hotel (bar), 6 days a week. I work in an office, 5 days a week. She told me a great story about how everything went wrong in the past and how she, eventually, got over here. Good thing is that she never requests me for money, she works and she is self providing (until a certain level).On the other hand… she tends to not do very much in the household (laundry/cooking and things like that). So the question is… will she be a good spouse? Furthermore, seeing that the other kids are separated from her, another question arises… Will she be a good mother for my kid? Does anyone know whether it is normal to leave your own kids in DR, and travel to another Country to make money and send the money home to the kids/family? Imo it’s not good for the kids to be separated from their mom for a considerable amount of time… Anyone experience in situations like this
Conclusively… I’m asking myself the following question.. Am I being paranoid or do I have reasons to question some of the characteristics of this situation?
Any help/opinions would be appreciated!

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
NO, don't do it.

She: "On the other hand… she tends to not do very much in the household (laundry/cooking and things like that)"
There isn't a Dominican woman alive who doesn't excel in the household and if she doesn't do it now she never will. Once married she will become more entitled and grow fond of day time TV, which will lead to a loss of job.
And unfortunatly, it is fairly normal for them to leave their children even thought it is grossly unfair to the children.

Move on dude, move on.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
What the hell?

How are you posting?

I fixed. STOP using the fonts botton.

Gracias!!!

Please post everything in one.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
"Now she’s starting to get herself together, but the way she responses to me changed completely" ... what does this mean? How was she not together b4? B4 she had 3 kids and now she will have 4. That is some power women have between their legs, lol.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
So what about the Pregancy? What would you do about that?

You should have been thinking about that b4 since you knew she already had 3 by someone else? Why didn't you use protection or birth control?

G-Man

Jan 9, 2012
Sock patrol!!!!!

What do you mean with Sock Patrol?

I'm just trying to get some honest opinions about the situation... Since I actually love the Woman... but I got (very) scared since I have been surfing the I-Net (and especially this forum) for info on Dominican women.. They do not seem to have a very good rep....

Status
Not open for further replies.