AA airfares BWI-SDQ/STI

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i see airfares have dropped to under 500 bucks for SDQ (probably going to Juan Dolio/BC) and STI. i searched up until Memorial Day weekend. the only catch is you have to stay a week to get good fares. trying to decide between 386.00 for SDQ (6 nights) or 461.00 for STI (5 nights).

of course POP is through the roof :ermm:

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Kyle,

Thank you for the information. Do these prices include taxes and fees? BWI is my home airport and I always fly into STI. To obtain a total fare price below $500, it would usually take 3 planes or itineraries with ridiculously long layovers. I wish Continental would bring back that non-stop route between EWR to STI! American used to by my airline, but now JetBlue from IAD to STI is the only way to go.

Preston

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
this is everything included. BWI is my launch base of operations too :laugh:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
To obtain a total fare price below $500, it would usually take 3 planes or itineraries with ridiculously long layovers. I wish Continental would bring back that non-stop route between EWR to STI!
Might not be a bad idea to try Amtrak from Baltimore to Newark Airport (EWR) and catch Continental for a direct decent fare rather than change planes.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Kyle, If you are going to Juan Dolio STI is way far. SDQ is the way to go. Yes POP is out of sight for a while now.
Belmont, Amtrak is not cheap anymore, add it up and it aint worth it for all the trouble.

I've been flying from WAS/BWI for almost 20 years. Anything aroung $450 with tax is a good deal, grab it.

Also if you can stand paying for everything, give Spirit a look, they often have some cheapo flights to STI. They fly in the middle of the night however similar to Jet Blue.
With the free bag, and the great airplanes and service Jet Blue is hard to beat.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Belmont, Amtrak is not cheap anymore, add it up and it aint worth it for all the trouble.
No Amtrak isn't cheap, (Balt-EWR is about $53 each way unless you get a discount). But, in addition to cheaper fares to STI from EWR, many are direct flights (Continental). It only pays if you can't fly direct from Baltimore and lose time with a connection. As for the trouble? Amtrak stops at EWR airport station, get right on the monorail to all terminals. Travel time from Baltimore to EWR is about 2:15 beginning 6:30AM.

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
(Balt-EWR is about $53 each way unless you get a discount). But, in addition to cheaper fares to STI from EWR, many are direct flights (Continental). It only pays if you can't fly direct from Baltimore and lose time with a connection.

Belmont,

Did Continental resume non-stop flights to STI? Last time I checked, Continental only has direct flights to SDQ and POP from EWR.

Preston

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I'm checking the fares from RDU /MIA/ STI... Hell US AA $695. three months in advance.. same I paid two 1/2 years ago..
Delta is a better option $ 405 RDU/ATL/ SDQ.
Jet Blue have the better deal but i don't want to go the wrong way to JFK as this will make my trip longer.

I need to move down to Florida..

JJ

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
RV, i'm flying solo so SDQ options are limited to BC, JD or SDQ. the 372.00 airfare from BWI is so tempting but BC (you know the story), JD (never been but i heard its quiet), SDQ might be nice for 6 nights.

decisions, decisions

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
Kyle,

I'd never go to DR without a trip the beach, especially when it's freezing at home! Juan Dolio is a fine destination, and if you like to drink, then I'd highly recommend an AI.

Preston

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
$372 R/T including tax to SDQ is a bargain, if you see one of those grab it because it will be gone the next day. Juan Dolio has a few nice AI's where you can chill a few days, beats the January cold in D.C.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
not a drinker. i do like photography though so the capital would be better ?

Preston

Nov 13, 2011
not a drinker. i do like photography though so the capital would be better ?

I'd still go to an AI because I tend to spend more money at a hotel where I'm eating out every day. I'd recommend a hotel-organized day trip to the capital to take photographs. After months of sitting in DC/Beltway traffic, my most effective stress reliever is the ocean. (Okay, my second most effective . . .)

Preston

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I just spotted some delta flights to STI for $372 r/t total and Copa for $423 r/t total for Easter week. It' always worth checking in advance. Delta from BWI and Copa from IAD.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
wow, just saw some flights to STI for under 400 from baltimore. the only thing is you're arriving at 2 in the morning and departing at 2 in the morning...