Automobile bill of sale and notary.

namahs

Oct 3, 2011
Hello,

I am buying a car and I need a bill of sale and I need to get it notarized.

Where can I get a bill of sale drawn up or can someone send me an example of one that works in the Dominican Republic. I know what needs to be on it in the States but I am not sure about here. If someone can scan one in for me and email it to me that would be great.

Also, after I have typed my own bill of sale I will need to get it notarized. Can someone recommend a notary (lawyer) who can notarize a Automobile bill of sale for me for a NON TOTAL RIPOFF price.

I know I will have to go get a Plan Piloto certificate myself and I will go and get the title transfered myself.

Thanks

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Can this be done by oneself or do you need a lawyer? Coming up on this myself so I need the 411 also.

namahs

Oct 3, 2011
Yes it can be done by yourself.

I got a sales contract from my friend yesterday. Its in spanish and it has been used many times by him to purchase cars down here. I found a lawyer that will notarize it for 1000 Pesos. Then you have to get a PP certificate from the Police in Santiago and go and pay the taxes to transfer the title in Puerta Plata. The windshield sticker has to be up do date as well.

All I did is do some searching on this forum and I found all the information I needed.