Maim?n,Carnival cruise ship port

paulmuehl

Nov 25, 2011
I was just wondering if they have started, on any type of construction for this project. Any thoughts for this port? I hope it will bring tourist to Puerto Plata and help out the economy.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
And where did you hear this? The American consul was on the North Coast yesterday talking about this in a totally different way. He spoke as if it is moving forward and about the benefits it will bring to the area!

paulmuehl

Nov 25, 2011
Originally it was suppose to start contrucstion in 10/1/2011 , I hope it happens(The cruise ship port).

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
And where did you hear this? The American consul was on the North Coast yesterday talking about this in a totally different way. He spoke as if it is moving forward and about the benefits it will bring to the area!

I read it somewhere and many people I speak to have heard the same.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006

The US Ambassador was here, not the Consul.

jeddom

Nov 13, 2011
I have heard that since the corporation had annouced their plans some 300 different claims have been submitted on ownership of the land they were intending to build on, this is typical in the DR. It just has to be sorted out and then they will start. Carnival corp is large enough and does business in many international locations that they would not make an announcement of that magnitude and not have their i's dotted and t's crossed.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
How does one find out when the US Ambassador is here?
It would have been interesting to hear him.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
How does one find out when the US Ambassador is here?
It would have been interesting to hear him.

Go to the Embassy web site, they say what is on the schedule.
Also, all things take time, this will take more time than most.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Originally it was suppose to start contrucstion in 10/1/2011 , I hope it happens(The cruise ship port).

The plan was for the permits and licenses to be sorted out before the election in May 2012, and constuction to start in the fall of 2012. I have not heard anything that the project has problems. One of the executives from Carnival was here not too long ago.