Taxi cost from Saman? to Las Galeras

edm7583

May 29, 2007
If I arrive in Saman? (town) on Caribe Tours, how much should I expect to pay for a taxi to get to Las Galerasi? I want to stay at the Grand Paradise and I will have too much luggage to go in a guagua.

cjpatters@gmail.com

Oct 4, 2009
Not sure about cost of taxi, but even if you pay an extra 100 pesos for the luggage on the guaugua, you should have no problem...probably best to offer an additional 100 pesos to have the guagua driver take you to the hotel reception because arriving at the LG guagua terminal on the beach with luggage is a problem, still 10 minutes away by foot from the hotel...So, for 300 pesos, you'll likely get to where you want to go....Taxi might be considerably more, but I don't know since I've always taken the gg....I always find that I take way too many clothes for my trip....just back (yesterday) after one month in LG and Las Terrenas...great time.

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
In Nov 2010 the price on the "official list" at GPS was 70 $US one way, a guagua was 70 Pesos.

Saludos

jonvelas

Jan 29, 2010
gosamana-dominicanrepublic.com
Taxi Service in Samana Town - To Go to Las Galeras or Las Terrenas

There are a few Professional Taxi drivers who are starting to promote themselves on the Internet.

One is called " 5 Stars " and the other one " Optima " Taxi Samana.
Just Google : Taxi Service in Samana :squareeye

I believe they are charging around 2000 Pesos ( Approx. $50 USD ) to go to either to Las Galeras or Las Terrenas from the Town of Samana.

And they are offering Airport Transfers to and from all International Airports in the Dominican Republic.

szkandi

Nov 9, 2011
...I'm trying to find the Taxi Service in Samana and I cannot find the correct link (at least, I think) could you provide it to us?

Thank you.

edm7583

May 29, 2007
wow. At those kind of prices, I will take the guagua. Even if I have to pay for an extra "person" for my luggage.