How to cancel contract with coraasan

canadandy

Apr 17, 2008
I started a contract with coraasan for water to my house 2 months ago. I have yet to get water with enough pressure to fill the tinaca. I want to cancel the contract. They told me that I could not cancel as long as people are living in the house and that I will have to continue to pay the bill. I want to cancel this now. It is in my name. How could they refuse this and insist that I keep paying? Don't I have the right to cancel a contract that is in my name? Note: I have well water so I don't need their service anyway.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Sometimes the only way to cancel a contract over here is just to stop paying regardless of what they tell you. And don't waste your time with them after you stop, there is nothing they can do if you ignore them.

lafiera

Apr 26, 2009
I started a contract with coraasan for water to my house 2 months ago. I have yet to get water with enough pressure to fill the tinaca. I want to cancel the contract. They told me that I could not cancel as long as people are living in the house and that I will have to continue to pay the bill. I want to cancel this now. It is in my name. How could they refuse this and insist that I keep paying? Don't I have the right to cancel a contract that is in my name? Note: I have well water so I don't need their service anyway.
Go to PROCONSUMIDOR. They can help you.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You go to the main office on the Circumvalaci?n in Nibaje. You go see the Commercial Office. You tell them you want to pay your outstanding bill and cancel the contract and you want a letter that the contract is cancelled and you want the water meter taken out.

The fact that there is somebody living there means nothing. Tell them it is easier to buy a tank truck of water than wait on Coraasan to get water to the house.

Also the idea of ProConsumidor is certainly a valid one.

HB

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
When I was to move to US I did exactly what Hillbily stated above, in order to have contract cancelled they sent a inspector for verification of empty property. If the house is furnished they'll assume the owner of the house is going to steal the water...

JJ

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I have to add... Some of my ex-neighbors in DR keep the houses empty as they lives and works in the US, theses houses are use as second homes for vacation and they still pay for water service. COORASAN have a minimum payment for this type of properties, they call it= RENTA BASICA POR CONECCION...

Hope this can help!

JJ