Got a call from the Canadian Embassy

Cristina2356

Jan 17, 2012
Hey everyone! I received a call from the Embassy today that my husband (who is from Dominican) has to bring his passport to Santo Domingo.....does this mean that he is approved to come to Canada? or what are the next steps? Does he bypass the interview since they called for his passport? Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hi and welcome to DR1. I'm going to assume that he applied for a Canadian PR visa. If they wanted to interview him they would have given him a date so with the little information that you posted sounds like they might be ready to issue the visa.

How long have you been in process?

Cristina2356

Jan 17, 2012
Yes He applied for a Canadian PR but he did not receive any information in regards to an interview. They just told me over the phone that he would have to bring his passport to the embassy and a decision would be made. We have been in the process just over 9 months. I hope everything goes well, I am so nervous and just want him here with me.....

@Shee; Thank you :) fingers crossed that he is approved!

jojobo

Jan 20, 2012
Visa interview

Hello!

My partner and I have applied for a PR in June 2011 (conjugal partner) and we received an email yesterday asking that he goes for an interview in February. They have provided a general list of documentation he needs to bring with him (original documents including passport). Do any of you know what kind of questions they ask at that interview? Can we assume that he will be getting his visa that day? Anyone have feedback? I heard that getting the visa as conjugal partner is very difficult but we had tones of documentation to support our relationship. Heeeeeeelp please!
:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hello!

My partner and I have applied for a PR in June 2011 (conjugal partner) and we received an email yesterday asking that he goes for an interview in February. They have provided a general list of documentation he needs to bring with him (original documents including passport). Do any of you know what kind of questions they ask at that interview? Can we assume that he will be getting his visa that day? Anyone have feedback? I heard that getting the visa as conjugal partner is very difficult but we had tones of documentation to support our relationship. Heeeeeeelp please!
:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou:knockedou

The questions they ask at the interview is to see how well he knows you. Everything that is on the application is likely to come up.

If you meet the requirements as a conjugal partner it shouldn't be any harder than any other application.
I'm sure you have read them but here they are again Sponsoring your family: Spouses and dependent children—Who can apply

Every case is different and depending on many things they may or may not issue the visa the same day as the interview.

Good luck

Cristina2356

Jan 17, 2012
My husband was approved and will be coming to Canada mid February!!! I am so happy, the process is complete. Thank you all for your support. Anyone know what we should expect at the airport when he arrives? What kind of questions they will ask? He is flying into Toronto Pearson Internationl Airport....I would like for him to be prepared so any help would be great!

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
Congratulations!

It seems your attention to detail may have been part of the reason for your success.

Stick around DR1 to share your insight with others.