Santiago - New Bravo Supermarket

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
By Avenida Estrella Sadhala and Av Republica de Argentina.

Across from Dominico-Americano center! First Bravo store to open in Santiago, with some 5 more locations to follow!

bravof.png

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Would you say their prices and selection are more similar to La Sirena or to El Nacional? Also, do they keep late hours? I get out of the PUCMM around 9:30 to 10 pm. thx

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
I was expecting artist renditions of how great it will look Pichardo!

Just went by there yesterday, the wife said it looks like it will not be opened as scheduled.
Construction looks to be behind schedule.

Don

Nov 25, 2008
This is really a C&%^PY location for a supermarket; thats why under the past ayuntamiento they did NOT allow this to go forward, this is really going to be interesting to see how traffic is going to be GRID-LOCK at this intersection.
Just leave it up to the greedy$$ ayuntamiento to fill in their pockets with kickbacks without thinking of the consequences

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
This is really a C&%^PY location for a supermarket; thats why under the past ayuntamiento they did NOT allow this to go forward, this is really going to be interesting to see how traffic is going to be GRID-LOCK at this intersection.
Just leave it up to the greedy$$ ayuntamiento to fill in their pockets with kickbacks without thinking of the consequences

Yeah, this is going to be fun getting in and out of there. Fortunately I have my bike and never have to wait for traffic. :)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
this is going to be fun getting in and out of there

Especially when the people coming from the direction of PUCMM can not legally make a left turn, as indicated in the photo.

One would have to come in off of Av. Republica de Argentina by continuing straight on Av. Estrella Sadhala then double back with four right turns to get to the Bravo parking lot (Assuming they have an entrance from Av. Republica de Argentina).

(Go past Dominico-Americano, make the first right(Farmacia I think?), then the next right, then the next right onto Av. Republica de Argentina, cross over Av. Estrella Sadhala, then turn right into Bravo)

scaled.php

Don

nyc dad

Bronze
Jul 28, 2011
excuse my "ignorence"

By Avenida Estrella Sadhala and Av Republica de Argentina.

Across from Dominico-Americano center! First Bravo store to open in Santiago, with some 5 more locations to follow!

bravof.png

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

What's the big deal about a Bravo supermarket? There was no other supermarket around in that sector? I used to work in a Bravo supermarket back in 2000,the owner there had four other in NY but he lived in Santiago and last I heard owned a supermarket down there as well,don't know if it was a Bravo as well.Wonder if it's him behind this project??? Last name Ferreira or Collado...Even though Santiagueros are like ants and keep multiplying with the same last name and they are all "primos" here in NY...lol

Last edited:

Bigocean

Nov 25, 2010
What's the big deal about a Bravo supermarket? There was no other supermarket around in that sector? I used to work in a Bravo supermarket back in 2000,the owner there had four other in NY but he lived in Santiago and last I heard owned a supermarket down there as well,don't know if it was a Bravo as well.Wonder if it's him behind this project??? Last name Ferreira or Collado...Even though Santiagueros are like ants and keep multiplying with the same last name and they are all "primos" here in NY...lol

There are a couple of big supermarkets nearby, Nacional just down the road about a mile and a new La Sirena/Pola about a mile away(El Embrujo) in the direction of Santo Domingo. So, I guess it is of interest in regards to the continuing growth in Santiago. I concur with the other posters remarks regarding the location and traffic. It seems to be in a very awkward location for smooth traffic flow and even now the construction traffic is causing a problem, I can't imagine what the traffic situation will be like once the supermarket opens.

May 12, 2005
I concur. Traffic is going to be malo. It's tough already. Add in people trying to enter/exit Bravo. Crappy location indeed.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Why should I be excited about this store? I'm not being sarcastic, just curious!:)

More choices!

For example:
Some things are cheaper at Pola / La Sirena than at Nacional.
Some things are cheaper at Nacional than at Pola / La Sirena.

Some items are carried at one of the two and not at the other.
Nacional is the only store that carries La Panera 100% Whole Grain bread. (Great bread).

I like the rolls at Pola / La Sirena, better than the rolls at Nacional.
I like the cakes at Nacional better than the cakes at Pola / La Sirena.

Nacional has a better cafeteria in my opinion.

Etc, etc, etc.....................

Don

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
i asked someone about that construction in december- he told me "Yes, thank god, we need a new supermarket because there is NOTHING CLOSE BY" wtf? (can you say that on dr1?)
nacional is RIGHT DOWN THE STREET.
i have to get to work every morning through that taponazo.
and it's not even going to be cheaper or better than the other supermarkets.

niknak

Dec 12, 2008

I'm not sure they're the same. I've been lead to believe they're spaniards. We?re Bravo

I know several people who prefer Bravo over the rest; better selection, including real Maple Syrup (hard to find everywhere)...