Private Spanish teacher/tutor wanted starting asap

agw

Feb 14, 2010
We are looking for a private Spanish language teacher for the next two months in the Bavaro/Punta Cana area. If anyone here can recommend someone looking to pick up some extra cash teaching the two of us please let me know. Time of day is very flexible and even an hour or so per day would be great.

My boyfriend's first language is Italian, then English, and then Spanish and he does really well here with the Spanish he has, but would like to improve his fluency. He would like to start lessons asap.

I am a self taught beginner who can sorta manage a very tiny bit of baby-talk conversation with patience on the other person's part. Eventual fluency is my goal as we plan to retire here in the D.R.

Any suggestions or recommendations would be really appreciated!

Thanks, Andrea

diable410

Sep 14, 2011
I met this great teacher named Rosetta Stone. The only problem is she doesn't work unless there's a computer around. ;)

agw

Feb 14, 2010
I met this great teacher named Rosetta Stone. The only problem is she doesn't work unless there's a computer around. ;)

I met Ms. Stone too. And a few of her friends who I would be more than happy to recommend as they are excellent - and free and don't all need a computer! :) However for my boyfriend; that is not the way he learns. One on one with someone though, and he is like a sponge and learns really quickly.

Whippet

Jan 26, 2011
Seems like we are in a similar position
I have been here a while, done a introductory spanish course and get by.
But my grammer sucks.
I have been trying to do a level two, six week part time course at Pilotage international school
but they keep on telling me they need more numbers to run that course.
A minimum of 4 people I have been told, maybe if you guys are interested they will run it.
Message me if you are interest or if you find a resonable, economic tutor
Cheersa!

Riki

Feb 7, 2012
My husband is a language teacher who teaches Spanish to English speaking people and English to Spanish speaking people. His students can attest to the practical nature of his one on one methods of teaching. I am English speaking and from Canada. If you are interested in contacting him, I'm not sure how to go about that on this forum.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
My husband is a language teacher who teaches Spanish to English speaking people and English to Spanish speaking people. His students can attest to the practical nature of his one on one methods of teaching. I am English speaking and from Canada. If you are interested in contacting him, I'm not sure how to go about that on this forum.

Will your husband fly to the DR 3 times a week on his own dime to teach Spanish? And after he can fly home again...

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010

Just use the private message feature.

Riki

Feb 7, 2012
We live in Higuey. He already has two students in the Bavaro area 3 times a week.

agw

Feb 14, 2010
Riki, I will let my boyfriend know... that might just work for him! We are presently up in Samana but expect to return to Bavaro in a few days.