sosua

tony the tiger

Jan 18, 2012
looking for best hotel in sosua to get a lil crazy with 4 of my buddies on a mini-bachelor party. couple days, different people in & out with no hassle.

tony the tiger

Jan 18, 2012
im booked at sosua bay club, should i stay there or try hotel d'piero, new garden or casa cayenna. ive heard alot about all of them. which one is more convenient and easily access to the "fun"?

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
im booked at sosua bay club, should i stay there or try hotel d'piero, new garden or casa cayenna. ive heard alot about all of them. which one is more convenient and easily access to the "fun"?

Don't quote me on this but I thought Sosua Bay had a guest limit? You may want to check.

New Garden is pretty wide open for this kind of party.

I haven't stayed at d'piero but another option on that end is Colibri, which has a huge swimming pool and is very close to Cuba Libre, Passions, & CMP.

Also, if there are 4 of you, you might want to consider renting a Villa with a pool from Hispanola Real Estate.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You apparently got 2 threads going on the same subject.

I just posted on the other one that Sosua Bay Club is as close to the action in town and the beach as you can get.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Personally, I would do the villa because then you have complete privacy and your own pool, kitchen, etc.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
Renting a villa to party in an area where families and others lead a quiet life is not a good idea. Several communities have noise regulations.

Last edited:

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
And most villas will require a damage deposit which can be difficult to recover if villa not left in pristine condition. Difficult to argue longdistance.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Renting a villa to party in an area where families and others lead a quiet life is not a good idea.
Maybe not a good idea for you but my pics and vids say otherwise. When on the Northcoast, I've had some of my best times with friends in a private villa and never had any complaints. Sosua Bay, New Garden and even going back as far as the Palace days could never compare.

tony the tiger

Jan 18, 2012
anyone know of any place or website to print up maps of sosua. trying to be efficient with our time and know where we are going as far as supermarkets, liquor stores, restaurants, etc and how to get to cabarete from sosua.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
anyone know of any place or website to print up maps of sosua. trying to be efficient with our time and know where we are going as far as supermarkets, liquor stores, restaurants, etc and how to get to cabarete from sosua.

There are some maps around the web of Sosua but it is as very small place, especially the part where you and your friends will be staying so there will not be a problem getting around.

To get to Cabarete, just get a cab and split the cost with your friends. There is no shortage of cab drivers looking for work.

As far as the hotel or the villa, Do you guys like to party and drink alot? Speak Spanish? Done anything like this with "chicas" before? I guess what I am trying to say is to have fun but also try to limit any potential downside to your trip.

spmc

Nov 7, 2008
Arrgghh! Went for coffee and timed out of editing my post!

Go with the hotel and rent a cab as needed.

Have fun! Sousa is a safe, fun place, especially for a group of guys, but always use good judgement particularly with the drinking and girls.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
it's not like sosua (el batey) is some big town and caberete is even smaller. basically, just follow the street women (or ones that look like street women) to the bars. give it about a day and you'll recognize them. pedro clisante is the main street where all the bars/clubs are. although i prefer some of the quieter bars/food places on alejo martinez.
new garden may be your best bet for your rowdy crowd. plus, the prey comes to you at New Garden, no chasing required :ermm:

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Kyle,
He must be a slow learner if it takes a day to recognize them. It really should take less then an hour :ermm:

BObK

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
good suggestion. just ask the people in line how much and have your money ready when they stop. dont say anything, just hand them the money and get on. they'll try to charge you more if you ask since you are a foreigner. and usually they don't do change so have exact change. 20 pesos....

May 29, 2006
When my Spanish was chunkier, I use to ask, "Cabarete para vente pesos, si??"

Yes they NEVER have change despite taking 10 and 20 peso notes all day.