The great narco bust

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
there was another thread on this -- but I thought I should post here rather than tearing my hair out with the DR1 Sea6rch engine..

Have others been watching the news of the great clean sweeping that is going on in the country? Every day there is news of more and more arrests.. police being fired, etc.. 100 or more in San Francisco de Marcoris.. This all followed some busts in LT in August.. REALLY AMAZING..

SUCH good news.

for the first time in seven years I am feeling quite safe here since it is beginning to appear that the Dominican state.. or the remnants thereof.. have decided NOT to become a narcotrafficante paraiso...

oh happy day

May 12, 2005
I too have noticed that there is a noticiable increase in very large seizures and dismissal of police. I hope it is just not an election year surge and things will return to where they were last year.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It does seem as though a more serious effort is being made. What do you think causes so many police officials, including some with very high rank, to get involved in the first place? Is it the money? The fear that they or family members will be killed if they don't cooperate? Both? Or something else?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Wanna bet the busts happened to be those who supported one particular presidential candidate?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Mostly low rank officers.
The colonels and Generals keep "Clean" of the street work,and collect the BIG MONEY!
And the "POLITICOS"!
Anyone who thinks that "Things",are/will get better,doesn't know much about "DRUGS",or "DRUG MONEY"!
They are VERY ADDICTIVE"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Mostly low rank officers.
The colonels and Generals keep "Clean" of the street work,and collect the BIG MONEY!
And the "POLITICOS"!
Anyone who thinks that "Things",are/will get better,doesn't know much about "DRUGS",or "DRUG MONEY"!
They are VERY ADDICTIVE"!

...and we should be thankful that the real bad stuff (Meth, Heroine, etc) is not widespread in The DR yet. Unfortunately I see it as a matter of time before we have to start dealing with those ones.