Haiti is a NARCSTATE?

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Haiti has the UN who cleared up a lot of the criminality and gangs. They helped the DEA arresting many cocaine dealers . The trade largely went across the border to the D.R.
These people take the path of least resistance which is obviously now the D.R. with the corrupt government and military unhindered by the pesky UN.
Don't get me wrong, they would still use Haiti if only the D.R. was less welcoming to the criminal element.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Haiti has the UN who cleared up a lot of the criminality and gangs. They helped the DEA arresting many cocaine dealers . The trade largely went across the border to the D.R.
These people take the path of least resistance which is obviously now the D.R. with the corrupt government and military unhindered by the pesky UN.
Don't get me wrong, they would still use Haiti if only the D.R. was less welcoming to the criminal element.

On the contrary "my friend" if you read the article, it clearly states that all drug flight traffic has shifted to your side of the Island. Beside's the UN forcer is there for peace keeping reasons, NOT drug enforcements. Nevertheless, even if the UN military wanted to control the mass importation of drugs, they (the UN) is not equiped with the proper equipments i. e. radars.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Dont you think that the US anti drug presence dwarfs thei drug interdiction efforts of both Haiti and the DR? Neither of these countries have the money or technology to stop the flow of drugs not to even get into how badly they view stopping drugs as being in their best interests. Narco trafficers pay pretty well for enforcement to look the other way. As the trafficers get more sophisticated using semi subs and submarines they will be even harder to arrest in the future. I have read that the trafficers are working on using drone aircraft so that if caught all the police get is the aircraft and the load.

Taino808

Bronze
Oct 10, 2010
Dont you think that the US anti drug presence dwarfs thei drug interdiction efforts of both Haiti and the DR?

Yes, however, drugs keep getting through, the more the reason why each and every country has to play it's part.

Neither of these countries have the money or technology to stop the flow of drugs not to even get into how badly they view stopping drugs as being in their best interests.

True, neither country has the funds or the technology, however, the DR has spent hundreds of millions of dollars in buying air planes and radars to at least make an effort in stopping the overnight drug flights.

Narco trafficers pay pretty well for enforcement to look the other way.

True!

As the trafficers get more sophisticated using semi subs and submarines they will be even harder to arrest in the future.

Also true, however, all Colombian drug submarines are known to head towards the US, not the Caribbean. My logic behind this is: If a drug lord is already spending such a high amount in buying a sudmarine, he will rather us it to ship his drugs directly to his intended country; the United States.

I have read that the trafficers are working on using drone aircraft so that if caught all the police get is the aircraft and the load.

If this is true, then God help us all.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Dont you think that the US anti drug presence dwarfs thei drug interdiction efforts of both Haiti and the DR? Neither of these countries have the money or technology to stop the flow of drugs not to even get into how badly they view stopping drugs as being in their best interests. Narco trafficers pay pretty well for enforcement to look the other way. As the trafficers get more sophisticated using semi subs and submarines they will be even harder to arrest in the future. I have read that the trafficers are working on using drone aircraft so that if caught all the police get is the aircraft and the load.
That is not how it is.
And it is not my side of the island. lol

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
On the contrary "my friend" if you read the article, it clearly states that all drug flight traffic has shifted to your side of the Island. Beside's the UN forcer is there for peace keeping reasons, NOT drug enforcements. Nevertheless, even if the UN military wanted to control the mass importation of drugs, they (the UN) is not equiped with the proper equipments i. e. radars.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/general-stuff/120357-changes-drug-trafficking.html#post1040303

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The changes in drug trafficking are called the sausage effect. Squeeze one area and the business moves to another area. Rinse and repeat. Overall the war on drugs has failed despite the huge amount of money and effort put into it. Prohibition does not work. There is far too much money to be made to stop it.