Are foreigners allowed to take classes at Universidad Aut?noma de Santo Domingo?

live_for_life

Mar 4, 2007
How much is it per credit hour for non-Dominican students to take classes at Universidad Aut?noma de Santo Domingo (UASD) since Dominican students attend classes for free?

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Yes foreigners are allowed, I know of Venezuelan attending classes at UASD. Cost I don't have an idea you should go on person or visit their website for more info.

JJ

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It would be interesting to say the least. Yes, there are a few foreigners there, it is the pits as far as an educational institution is concerned and with places like Unibe, Intec, PUCMM, Unphu or UCSD available, to choose that place would be absurd.

Take a walk around the place and see. Then go to some of the other schools. You choose.

HB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It would be interesting to say the least. Yes, there are a few foreigners there, it is the pits as far as an educational institution is concerned and with places like Unibe, Intec, PUCMM, Unphu or UCSD available, to choose that place would be absurd.

Take a walk around the place and see. Then go to some of the other schools. You choose.

HB

When was the last time you were at UASD?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Couple of months ago. No toilets, everything was filthy--this was the gym...and we were invited...Do NOT try and defend that place. It is a sty.

HB

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would avoid UASD at all costs, unless you have no other choice.

Dominicans pay around RD$6-7 a credit last time I asked and I think that is over priced for the education most of them get :)

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
Since people here are in the know, maybe someone can confirm this for me. My neighbor told me that while UASD has horrible infrastructure etc, it in fact has the best professors. That is to say, all the professors at INTEC UNIBE etc prefer to teach at UASD because the pay is better and the job more secure.

True or no?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Couple of months ago. No toilets, everything was filthy--this was the gym...and we were invited...Do NOT try and defend that place. It is a sty.

HB

Not defending it at all. I found it rundown and disorganized, but also know there have been many improvements. With 170,000 students on a shoestring budget(comparatively), I've seen worse.