Please Help

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
I had a flight from Georgia to Santo Domingo today but, because of me getting off work late and the traffic I missed my flight. So I had to pay and additional $125.00 to pay to reschedule my flight for tomorrow which screwed my budget up. I was wondering if anyone can tell me how I can get a ride from the Santo Domingo airport to Juan Dolio beach for under $45.00. I tried looking the caribe tours website but, I only understand a little bit of spanish so, it is hard for me to do the research because the lack of spanish. I have to leave here at 7a.m. So can someone help me?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
My brother in law will pick you up and take you for that price, he drives a cab, you'll have to let me know as I'll have to call him to meet you if you want him. 7am.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
My bro in-law can take you in his cab for RD1.700, My father in law will do it for RD1.500 in his green top, although you will probably get him down to RD1 - 1.200 if you smile and are polite.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
My bro in-law can take you in his cab for RD1.700, My father in law will do it for RD1.500 in his green top, although you will probably get him down to RD1 - 1.200 if you smile and are polite.

Even 1700 comes to 43.76 U.S. @ 38.85 exchange rate
OP should be elated.....still under the 45 cap and doesn't have to haggle at the airport in English

B in Santiago

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
I am looking for more cheaper because I had to purchase a new flight which screwed my budget.I am currently in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. My flight do not leave until 1p.m. I called a taxi called Santo Domingo taxi and he said because the place I am going is only 10 to 15 minutes away from the airport I can get a taxi that is at the airport for $25.00 instead of calling a taxi which will charge me $45 or more. So I guess I will try the airport. Because I am really on a tight budget because of the change of plans.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Cheap, cheaper, cheapest

I can get a taxi that is at the airport for $25.00 instead of calling a taxi which will charge me $45 or more. So I guess I will try the airport.

Would your boyfriend not be the cheapest?

... As for my boyfriend, I ask him if I leave the car with him because he is the only person that I know will keep a good eye on my car and he have a garage where I can put it.

donP

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
if you actually read that post it was long ago and no I did not buy the car. So I am trying to get a taxi for short notice because of my flight. Thanks Don P

Redvelvet215

Sep 5, 2010
Thanks Don P. I just received your PM but, I am on my way back to United states. I did find a very cheap taxi. He charged me only 700 pesos from the airport to Juan Dolio. The taxi is called Las Colinas. It was one of those local taxi that you have to radio. I found him on the internet and send his number to my boyfriend and he called him and quote the price. He was waiting for me and everything. But, Don P. I saved your taxi to my cell phone because I will be returning soon. So I might just need him next time.