Why is it harder for Dominicans to enter countries than for other nationalists?

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
A while ago I started a thread about Dominicans kidnapping and killing 5 people in Panama. I also stated in that thread that it's more difficult for Dominicans to enter Panama than for any other nationalist.
Ticos need to show that they have at least $150,-, other nationalists $500,- and Dominicans $1000,-!!!!
People didn't believe me and therefore this picture that I took last night entering Panama from Costa Rica
The question is why would that be?

023.jpg

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
What are the entry requirements of Panamanians into the DR? Could be reciprocity?

Jun 18, 2007
What are the entry requirements of Panamanians into the DR? Could be reciprocity?

As far as I know it's very easy for Panamanians to enter the DR as it is for most foreigners. Googled it but couldn't come up with anything, will try to call the consulate tomorrow and will post the answer.
Maybe the DR promoters Pichardo and Nals know more about this.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
/ 24JAN12 / 2043 UTC
National Panama (PA)
Destination Dominican Rep. (DO)

Dominican Rep. (DO)

Passport required.
- Passport and/or passport replacing documents must be valid
on arrival.
- Warning: if departing from the USA (regardless of any
destination passport exemptions), a valid passport and/or
accepted departure document For details, click here is required by the
US immigration authorities.

Visa required, except for A max. stay of 90 days for nationals
of Panama traveling as tourists:
- for holders of normal passports;
Visa required, except for A max. stay of 90 days for holders
of a valid visa issued by Canada, USA or any EU Member
StateFor details, click here traveling as tourists.
Visa Issuance:
- Nationals of Panama traveling as tourists, are required to
obtain a 30 days Tourist Card on arrival. Fee: USD 10.-.
Extensions possible.
- for holders of normal passports;
Minors:
- Passengers under 18 years of age leaving the Dominican
Rep.,For details, click here
Additional Information:
- Visitors are required hold documents required for their next
destination.
Warning:
- Visitors not holding return/onward tickets could be refused
entry.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Having to have at least $1000 dollars in your pocket,removes most Dominican prostitutes from entering on phoney "Waitress/dancer/domestic worker" scams.
The "recruters" for the prostitution establishments don't want to give the "girls" $1000 before leaving the DR.
CC

Jun 18, 2007
Having to have at least $1000 dollars in your pocket,removes most Dominican prostitutes from entering on phoney "Waitress/dancer/domestic worker" scams.
The "recruters" for the prostitution establishments don't want to give the "girls" $1000 before leaving the DR.
CC

So would it be fair to say then that Dominicans have a bad reputation even though maybe just a few of them have caused this?

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
I am just throwing stuff out there. What do I know, I just wouldn't imagine that of all the nationalities going into Panama that Dominicans would be deemed the worst. But hey, my knowledge of Panama is very limited.

As far as I know it's very easy for Panamanians to enter the DR as it is for most foreigners. Googled it but couldn't come up with anything, will try to call the consulate tomorrow and will post the answer.
Maybe the DR promoters Pichardo and Nals know more about this.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
When i went with my husband to Panama he just had to show he had access to 1000 US$. A credit card sufficed.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Didn't we have a thread stating that 80% violate their visa's rules/restrictions 12-18 months ago?

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
In Denmark, a company inviting Russian customers, have to do the following:

- the General Director/CEO or owner has to sign a contract with the Danish government, assuring the following:

- being personally (financially and criminally) responsable for all damages done by his customers
- being personally responsable for them leaving the country on the appointed date

An exchange student from Senegal, in Belgium, cannot go to France on the chance of being arrested and deported back to Senegal.

So it is not only Dominicans

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
A while ago I started a thread about Dominicans kidnapping and killing 5 people in Panama. I also stated in that thread that it's more difficult for Dominicans to enter Panama than for any other nationalist.
Ticos need to show that they have at least $150,-, other nationalists $500,- and Dominicans $1000,-!!!!
People didn't believe me and therefore this picture that I took last night entering Panama from Costa Rica
The question is why would that be?

023.jpg

It has all to do with people smuggling...

Panama was used before by Dominican gangs to move people to the US...

May 29, 2006
What percentage of the Dominican population lives abroad? 5%? 10% Maybe? More? When you have a country with such a large diaspora, it shouldn't be surprising other countries raise the bar higher. The only other country I know of that has as large of a percentage of people working abroad is the Philippines, and the vast amount of them that I've met were either skilled tradesmen or had other vocational training such as book keeping or computer skills.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
What percentage of the Dominican population lives abroad? 5%? 10% Maybe? More? When you have a country with such a large diaspora, it shouldn't be surprising other countries raise the bar higher. The only other country I know of that has as large of a percentage of people working abroad is the Philippines, and the vast amount of them that I've met were either skilled tradesmen or had other vocational training such as book keeping or computer skills.

Yes and that is ok, but you don't see DR whining about it. But god forbid DR applies these same rules to Haiti how people would immediately blame it on racism.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
dominicans also catch a hard time in Costa Rica. since prostitution is legal in CR, you can guess the rest. with Panama and Costa Rica, dominicans are invading Columbia's territory. i'll take a columbiana over a dominicana any time....

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
dominicans also catch a hard time in Costa Rica. since prostitution is legal in CR, you can guess the rest. with Panama and Costa Rica, dominicans are invading Columbia's territory. i'll take a columbiana over a dominicana any time....

Are you referring to prostitutes or Dominicans in general?

B in Santiago

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Kyle writes:
dominicans also catch a hard time in Costa Rica. since prostitution is legal in CR, you can guess the rest. with Panama and Costa Rica, dominicans are invading Columbia's territory. i'll take a columbiana over a dominicana any time.... ------------------------------------------------------
Really, my wife has a number of relatives living in Costa Rica and they certainly didn't indicate that they felt discriminated against, and my wife certainly wasn't given a difficult time. In fact they gave her Tico prices at the volcano and only charged me tourist prices.