A+ blood needed @ CMC for Feb. 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Dr. Spitale will be removing a brain tumor the size of a lemon at CMC, Centro Medico Cabarete that is located in Sosua, on Feb. 4th.

A+ blood is needed.

I just happen to be A+ and I reallllly hate needles. More then I can give will be needed.

Thank You.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I am A+ and I hate needles too. If I can get there, I can probably help.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I am A+ and I hate needles too. If I can get there, I can probably help.

Ya... the needles thing has me .. sweating.

But my friends have asked and I'll go in as much as I can. OUCH to me but life for her.

Just go into the ER and tell them that it is for Dr. Spitale.

Thanks.

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
That's a great thing you are doing Ringo and La Profe_1. Cudo's and good luck to your friend. Dr. Spitale is awesome!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There are several blood banks in Santiago where you can buy blood for a small charge. I bought a lot a couple of years ago. They test the blood before giving it out, however, I hope CMC does this also.

If you want the contact info for the blood banks, let me know.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
That's a great thing you are doing Ringo and La Profe_1. Cudo's and good luck to your friend. Dr. Spitale is awesome!

OH WOW... To hear from my old ... my very good friend ... from years ago... Thanks J. I still miss U.

TStroman3

Sep 11, 2011
If I were there I would give all that they would take. I'm not afraid as long as I don't look, lol!!!! Wishing all the best, please keep us informed how the surgery goes...

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
I went to give my donation today. They said that they had enough. YIPPEEE. No need to drain me!

BUT NOOOO. They can always use more. I wasn't getting off the hook or needle that easy.

So me and a another friend did what we said we would do. OUCH... YAWLLLL..

To those that helped.... being by giving blood, good suggestions or support. A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME AND EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED THIS PERSON!

(honey... my arm hurts. could you get me..... lol) : )

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I offered, but evidently the bias against female donors is alive and well at CMC! I was told that the donors accepted have been males in their thirties...and I have the wrong chromosomes and too many years to fit that description.

I went to give my donation today. They said that they had enough. YIPPEEE. No need to drain me!

BUT NOOOO. They can always use more. I wasn't getting off the hook or needle that easy.

So me and a another friend did what we said we would do. OUCH... YAWLLLL..

To those that helped.... being by giving blood, good suggestions or support. A BIG THANK YOU FROM ME AND EVERYONE THAT HAS HELPED THIS PERSON!

(honey... my arm hurts. could you get me..... lol) : )

great news, they had enough

Status
Not open for further replies.