Stained glass lamp shade in need of repair (Santiago)

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Had a stained glass table lamp shipped from the states to here and even though it was packed as well as I could, low and behold the lamp was damaged in shipping. The base is fine but a section of the lamp shade was damaged. The glass inserts themselves are not broken but the lead-work between some of the inserts were pushed down and some of the glass pieces fell out. I am in need of someone located in or near Santiago who can do expert repair work. I am attaching a link with a photo of a lamp that is very similar. Any referrals would be greatly appreciated. I hope this link works....:ermm:

http://www.simplytablelamps.com/stltf6133vbqz.html

B in Santiago

Last edited:

Campesina

Sep 12, 2004
There was an expat couple in cabarete a few years ago who did stained glass but I have been searching and couldn't come up with their names. They bought supplies in santiago so I know there must be places there who could repair your lamp. I will keep looking.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There was an expat couple in cabarete a few years ago who did stained glass but I have been searching and couldn't come up with their names. They bought supplies in Santiago so I know there must be places there who could repair your lamp. I will keep looking.

Thank you, that would be great.

B in Santiago

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
My friend's house has a lot of stained glass work done by this guy, I saw the work, and he is good.

Here is the info: Aquiles Puertas & Ventanas

AV. Estrella Sadhala No. 47 Ensanche Libertad, Santigo

His name is Aquiles and his number is 809-344-0134

He is good but not cheap! Good luck with your lamp repair.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Things are looking up, I have had this lamp for years and the shipping company broke on purpose because I called them a bunch of thieves......a long story, but to get it fixed right I don't mind spending the bucks. Thank you for the info....o u 1

B in Santiago

NYerinDR

Jan 9, 2004
He was at my friend's house (in Sosua) today to finish a big job. I know he is busy. Good luck!

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
My friend's house has a lot of stained glass work done by this guy, I saw the work, and he is good.

Here is the info: Aquiles Puertas & Ventanas

AV. Estrella Sadhala No. 47 Ensanche Libertad, Santigo

His name is Aquiles and his number is 809-344-0134

He is good but not cheap! Good luck with your lamp repair.

I contacted Aquiles and he repaired all the stained glass. When he first came to look at the shade he gave me a price of 3500 pesos. This table lamp cost me 800 U.S. so the repair price was fine with me. I also told him if the repair (which was extensive) turned out perfect I would give an additional 1500 pesos. Aquiles delivered the shade today and I have to report it turned out better than new, It was perfect. So, if anyone needs any kind of stained glass repair OR new work he is very professional.

B in Santiago

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Things are looking up, I have had this lamp for years and the shipping company broke on purpose because I called them a bunch of thieves......a long story, but to get it fixed right I don't mind spending the bucks. Thank you for the info....o u 1

B in Santiago

I have a suspicion my shipping company did that as well. My mom sent my wife 4 ceramic angels she got at the dollar store and they sent me an email from Miami telling me the angels needed to be bubble wrapped at a cost of US15 or that they wouldn't guarantee the angels would not break in transit. My mother assured me she paid extra when she shipped the package to have the items bubble wrapped. I therefore told them no and when I received the package three angels were bubble wrapped and one was not and was broken. I reported this to the Vimenpaq office and forgot about it. I understand Vimenpaq has an agreement with a forwarding address business in Miami. I'm now wondering if this company are trying to scam people. This is the same company EPS used/uses.