Do Dominican men make good husbands ????????

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
So, in the light of gender equality, I thought I would start this thread :bunny:

Good husband or not ??

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
you really did start this thread....LOL
way to go Bronxboy!
no offense Africaida....for starters I cannot answer this question since I am Ecuadorian
I shall remain silent and enjoy the responses :)

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I like to think I do...At least that's my two wives and my three girlfriends say...:laugh::laugh:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I have never met one who I would marry. Maybe I am just too picky, or unlucky. :( But, I am sure, there are women very happy with their Dominican husbands.

nas

Bronze
Jul 1, 2009
Be careful, the question was good husbands, not good lover ;) Although, it could be a good part of it :)

The consensus among Dominican women is: Dominicans (a great majority) do not make good husbands because they cheat.
But they are "great" lovers... At least that what the ladies say. :)

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
On my apartment complex lives a dominican couple, a gorgeous looking working class girl with her typical taxi dude. He drinks, argues with her, disrespects and demands a kiss in public. Does she ever leave?? Nope. Reason: Treat her like trash and she will stick around for the drama of it.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Now, JC you are guessing why she is staying, but...Back to the topic, maybe, because he is a good husband (at least in her book).

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
On my apartment complex lives a dominican couple, a gorgeous looking working class girl with her typical taxi dude. He drinks, argues with her, disrespects and demands a kiss in public. Does she ever leave?? Nope. Reason: Treat her like trash and she will stick around for the drama of it.

Could be the drama...could be the Big Bambu!

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I see that Dominican women gather a lot more attention on DR1 :(

Damn, I was about to start another thread about where to meet Dominican men from respectable families :(

Oh, well, I will just pm Chip. Hopefully, he'll let me attend his church, lol :)

The consensus among Dominican women is: Dominicans (a great majority) do not make good husbands because they cheat.
But they are "great" lovers... At least that what the ladies say. :)

What's a good lover? I've always wondered haha! Do nationality prevails on this one? Or is it so derived from accepting one's body and respecting one's partner? Are we prone to be more open to tremor when it is forbidden (religion, tradition, taboo). So many questions.

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
What's a good lover? I've always wondered haha! Do nationality prevails on this one? Or is it so derived from accepting one's body and respecting one's partner? Are we prone to be more open to tremor when it is forbidden (religion, tradition, taboo). So many questions.

Maybe yes, maybe no lol. it's hard to think on a friday night :)

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I can't say if a Dominican man would make a good husband. I like Dominican men a lot but I haven't met one yet that I would want to marry.
Then again, I haven't met anyone in my own backyard that I want to marry either.
A NICE man of any nationality is who I would consider marrying.
I do know some Dominican couples who have been in good marriages for many years.
There has got to be more than a few good Dominican men who are good husbands.

minerva_feliz

May 4, 2009
I still haven't found what I'm looking for...

I have dated some great Dominican guys, met some even better ones that were unavailable for different reasons, but:

[video=youtube;FpgXT2n0YWg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpgXT2n0YWg[/video]

Whether or not someone makes a "good" partner depends on what your standards and expectations are, and mine leave very few and far between candidates of any nationality. But there is hope for a Dominican yet in my book. This may come as a surprise as I believe a few posters had me pegged as a lesbian.