update on Santiago

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Guys, how accurate is the information below?

[h=3]Clubs[/h] [h=4]Champion Palace[/h] Located near the centre of town. This is the biggest night club in Santiago with a capacity of 2,000 people. It is very popular with a younger crowd of locals and tourists. Djs play aaa range of music from top dance hits to some more Caribbean style music. This is the place to go if you?re looking to party all night.
[h=4]La Mansion[/h] This is another excellent night club in Santiago, with a very festive and lively atmosphere. It is popular with a mixed group of locals and tourists. This is a great place to go and have fun, a few drinks and mix with the locals and some fellow tourists.
[h=4]Monte Bar[/h] It is a hot night club where some of the biggest stars go to perform. They have a dj and also live music by Johnny Veentura, Yovanny polanco, and more you could party all night long.
[h=4][/h]Thanks in advance!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Sorry that is very outdated infor according to my sources.

Champion Palace (where I saw Julio Iglesias several decades ago) is no longer very "in" at all and it is certainly NOT near the center of the city.! That is a lie.

La Mansion is dead.

Monte Bar and Rancho Bar are what are known as "Tipicos" with lots of merenque and bachata music. They are lively.
They are not in the center, either, but on the outer part of town by Las Colinas.

IN are Francifol on Calle del Sol, H 2 O on Bartolom? Col?n, Moma, and a new one called Trapiche on Texas and 7 in the Jardines.

Hang outs up at the Monumento and Ahi Bar are still pretty good.

That's about it...

HB

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
thank you for the follow up. Where is 7 exactly located in Jardines? Is it by the Jardines hotel? I saw a new bar there..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
7 is a street...about six short blocks over to the left when you walk out the front door.

HB