cost of water trucks in sosua

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
does anyone have any details of costs of water trucks and company names-my brand new water pump was used three times and it seem is now unreparable after three months and has no guarantee according to the shop.so it looks like i will have to be using water trucks as cant afford to buy a new pump costing 23000 pesos every three months

depressed of sosua

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I think he needs a truck to deliver water as his well pump has stopped working. He doesn't have pumped water from the street, he has water in his well but no pump to pump it out, so he needs a truck to deliver water.

Matilda

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I would hate to have to depend on water delivered by the trucks. They get the water any place they can regardless of the quality.

H20SKI

Jun 2, 2011
does anyone have any details of costs of water trucks and company names-my brand new water pump was used three times and it seem is now unreparable after three months and has no guarantee according to the shop.so it looks like i will have to be using water trucks as cant afford to buy a new pump costing 23000 pesos every three months

depressed of sosua

We have used and like Jose Bonilla. He is professional and courteous. Tell him you need agua para de cisterna so you get the "good" water (that's a relative term obviously). Cost is RD1800 for ~2500 gallons. He's a little higher than some others we've tried (mas or menos RD300) but the others were a little shady - felt like the workers were casing our house while filling the cistern plus we don't think we got as much or as clean of water as we do with Jose. Telephone: 809-589-0032 Cell: 809-657-4166

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
But don't you still need a water pump to get the water from the cistern into the pipes of your house?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
sorry but I cant type properly on dr1 it wont do paragraphs or separate lines so I have to type it all on one long line, the cursor is also at the beginning of the sentence and moves in the opposite direct to the way you would expect hence my post looked a bit jumbled

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
Okay, then how do you get the water from the cistern to fill up the tinaco on the roof without a water pump?

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Okay, then how do you get the water from the cistern to fill up the tinaco on the roof without a water pump?
He never said he had a cistern, he might only have a tinaca or multiple tinacas. The water truck can pump directly to the tinaca. That is the way it is done in the Aparthotel in which I have lived.

BTW, this setup is quite common if you have a steady source of water (weel) but an unreliable source of electric to run pump. As long as tinaca has capacity to carry you from one eletric outage to the next. As a side-benefit, tinaca provides warm water at end of day.

Last edited:

BabyBlu

Jan 20, 2004
oh cool, I didn't know they had a way to pump water from the truck to the tinaco on the roof. Good to know for when my pump goes out again!

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I have two pumps (or had )- one from the well to the storeage tank and a smaller one for storage tank to the house- the well pump is the non-functioning one.The one thats working appears to be the only one with a guarantee

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I have to agree with BabyBlu.
A pump has an electric motor that can be repaired.
It has an impeller that can be rebuilt.
It has a small switch that can be replaced.

What's the big deal? Bring it here and we'll fix it or else!

HB

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
its a submersible pump - pederollo, the manufacturer said it couldnt be repaired as the motor is a sealed unit