loud music in bella vista

yopote

Jan 22, 2012
hi.. help i just moved to santo domingo recently from santiago into a neighboorhood I though it was good? but dealing with music and teenagers, that park their cars in the streets and turn the music loud until 4 am friday ,saturdays and some weekdays? I have called the police several times they come and leave , all to come back and do the same the following day. what can i do . it has the whole neighboorhood upset with this problem can someone suggest other ways of dealing with this problem. calle helio bella vista

thanks

Nov 25, 2008
well we actually had a problem in an apt in our area and we solved the problem throwing eggs to the cars parked blasting the music; in the end they picked another corner to play their music

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
hi.. help i just moved to santo domingo recently from santiago into a neighboorhood I though it was good? but dealing with music and teenagers, that park their cars in the streets and turn the music loud until 4 am friday ,saturdays and some weekdays? I have called the police several times they come and leave , all to come back and do the same the following day. what can i do . it has the whole neighboorhood upset with this problem can someone suggest other ways of dealing with this problem. calle helio bella vista

thanks

Where is this and are there usually a lot of women hanging around there? o.0

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
You moved to the capital, pretty much the youth behave themselves through the week and so deserve to let it go a bit at weekends, until 4am? that's ok!
Pay the police? they will keep coming back, never ever involve the police in anything to do with money.
Throwing eggs is silly, if you hit the wrong dude in the head infront of his girl, expect to get shot.
If their is a Colmado close by, make friends, start spending a bit of money there. Ask their advice, they will most likely know some of them if this is ongoing.
Other than that, wait until there are fewer of them around, then pop down and have a word, be nice and tell them you have a sick child ill in bed, not often will they kick up if a child is involved or ill. Ask them nicely to move or turn it down, be sure they are few as bravado is less likely.
Other than that, ask the local solvit guy to sort it out. Every street has one, usually known at the local colmado. A few drinks will be needed and possibly a bottle of whiskey once the job is done.
Don't throw eggs, that is for dreamers and bull****ters!

yopote

Jan 22, 2012
4am is not late ? when you work

givadog : really 4 am is not late ? well there is no colmando the bella vista mall is one block from there.. and the teenagers are not even from the neighborhood and ofcourse there are girls even louder than the guys: (where are their parents) :rambo:

You moved to the capital, pretty much the youth behave themselves through the week and so deserve to let it go a bit at weekends, until 4am? that's ok!
Pay the police? they will keep coming back, never ever involve the police in anything to do with money.
Throwing eggs is silly, if you hit the wrong dude in the head infront of his girl, expect to get shot.
If their is a Colmado close by, make friends, start spending a bit of money there. Ask their advice, they will most likely know some of them if this is ongoing.
Other than that, wait until there are fewer of them around, then pop down and have a word, be nice and tell them you have a sick child ill in bed, not often will they kick up if a child is involved or ill. Ask them nicely to move or turn it down, be sure they are few as bravado is less likely.
Other than that, ask the local solvit guy to sort it out. Every street has one, usually known at the local colmado. A few drinks will be needed and possibly a bottle of whiskey once the job is done.
Don't throw eggs, that is for dreamers and bull****ters!

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
You can't solve the noise problem... Don't try to take the matter into your own hands, as you might get shot (seriously).
Move ! This is the real solution.
Shop around for a quiet location... Once you have it, come at different time of the day, or the week...
It is getting very hard to escape the extreme noise level here in the DR...
But you can do it...

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Moving probably is the best avenue to take. All you have to do is spend a lot of time finding the right location,(maybe hours or days to find). Once you think you have found a quite spot all you have to do next is find a house or an apartment that is of your liking. Then negotiate a rent that is in your budget, (good luck). Then go back to your noisy apartment and then carefully wrap all your kitchen wares in newspaper so the movers won't break..lol...oh, have you found boxes yet....then break down the bed(s) and then pack all your clothes. Ok, the easy part is over. Now find someone that will move your belongings without beating the sh** out of it. How much of your security deposit have they refused to return, ALL OF IT....
Now how much will the new residence want for ANOTHER security deposit. Now, what insures you that after you are settled in to your new domicile THAT THE LOUD MUSIC DOESN'T START "THERE" A DAY OR 2 LATER.....
NOTHING, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING
It's always easier for the other person to say JUST MOVE

B in Santiago

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If you find a place, before you take it go there at 1AM a few nights in a row and check out the noise at that hour, and other times also. Easier to find out before you move rather than after.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
If the legal channels haven't worked, there must be someone influential enough in that particular neighbourhood to put a stop to it. What about the junta de vecinos?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
When I was looking to rent an apt,or house,when I first moved here,every location,Or so they said, where I went,
I was ALWAYS told how "Quiet" the area was,not only "Quiet",but 24 hour "LUZ y Agua"!
Point is,"Sooner-Or-Later",there are NO AREAS,in the DR that are ALWAYS "Quiet",OR have 24 hour water and electricity!
Dominican "Hang Out" areas move around.What is "IN" today,is "Out next week,or month.
You CAN however,do "Little Things",to make your area "OUT" sooner.
"Google","DIRTY TRICKS",and see if you get any ideas.
CC

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
If you find a place, before you take it go there at 1AM a few nights in a row and check out the noise at that hour, and other times also. Easier to find out before you move rather than after.

Sky, if only it was that easy...for example, I have been in the same house for almost 3 years and it WAS a very quite area with a little restaurant on the corner and a new Colmado at the other end of the street. The restaurant closed up overnight and a little late night bar took its place with VERY LOUD MUSIC 3 nights a week. Now the Colmado at the other end of my street was on the ground floor of a 3 story with 2 apartments up above. He went out of business and the new owner now rolls out 2 very large speakers on the weekend and you can here it 3 blocks away. The people renting upstairs have to be losing their minds, but as usual the owner couldn't care less. You have to find a way to deal with the problem where you are because it will follow you pretty much wherever you live here. Now, are there REALLY quite areas in Santiago.....

B in Santiago

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My home is virtually sound proof, else I would have the same problem from neighbors down the hill.

If I open the window, the sound is very loud and we are a few hundred feet away.
I feel sorry for the people that live near the noise makers.
At times the music is going on 'til 4am, 5am and sometimes later.

If you are building your own home, plan accordingly!

Don

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
givadog : really 4 am is not late ? well there is no colmando the bella vista mall is one block from there.. and the teenagers are not even from the neighborhood and ofcourse there are girls even louder than the guys: (where are their parents) :rambo:

No, I don't think it is that extraordinary at the weekend (or during the week but yes it is more annoying ). If you live in the city then you expect the things that come with a city. At weekends, loud music, people partying, sirens, drunks, and everything else. What city would you move to where everyone has to be tucked up by midnight. By all counts Santo Domingo is lucky, you have a midnight shut down during the week and 2am at weekends, hell you should consider yourself lucky, any self respecting city has bars and clubs open until at least 6am and these days not uncommon for bars not to close at all. Obviously the girls are louder than the boys, they have to be noticed to get a boy with a car. Remember these kids will not be bad-uns, they have a car for starters, which means they probaby have wealthy parents or at least are mature enough to hold down one of the better jobs around, so I doubt they are thugs.
If you want absolute peace then move to Jarabacoa, this is what you live with if you chose to live in the city, that is why I have never understood why people would choose to retire to the Capital, or even why people want to live there is it is not for work reasons. It is a CITY, noisy, dirty. It will go away on its own if people are patient.

wierdscott

Jan 28, 2012
well we actually had a problem in an apt in our area and we solved the problem throwing eggs to the cars parked blasting the music; in the end they picked another corner to play their music

That would probably do the trick! A lot of DOminicans talk a big game but when push comes to shove are really cowards....