My introduction!

JameelahAtl

Oct 25, 2011
Hi everyone,
I joined the forum when I bought my ticket to the DR in October after a guy who works at my hair salon suggested it. I am from Atlanta, GA. (So if you are ever coming to Atlanta, holla at me
:classic:) I was raised in Decatur, Ga. I am a wife and mother of two. I own my own business working with children I am an intermediate spanish speaker. My parents are from the West Indies (Trinidad). I have been to Trinidad, Toronto, England, New York, Miami, FL and I will be going to Vegas, Belize and Jamaica later this year. I believe in living life to the fullest and having fun and being happy with your life choices.
I really enjoy karaoke, dancing, reading, hanging out at the park, eating new foods, and traveling. I would love to learn how to speak Russian, French and Italian too.
I am 28.

Last edited by a moderator:

captboink

Mar 3, 2011
My son works at Fort Benning in Columbus. I go there to visit every now and then.

Gary...er Captboink

May 29, 2006
When you come to the DR you may want to stock up on Dominican hair products. I hear rave reviews about Baba de Caracol for Black women. The name means "snail spit/snot" of all things, so it REALLY has to be good. You can buy it in the US but it's prob much more expensive.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
When you come to the DR you may want to stock up on Dominican hair products. I hear rave reviews about Baba de Caracol for Black women. The name means "snail spit/snot" of all things, so it REALLY has to be good. You can buy it in the US but it's prob much more expensive.

I highly recommend Baba de Caracol, I take a teaspoon of this potion whenever I am constipated and it cleans you right out, I like to stock up on it during the summer, as it is tough to find in the off season.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Wow, Marianopolita must have clicked on "dislike" instead of "like" the OP's introduction post.

Yes, totally. I did not see that until I read your post. The pointing arrow on my mouse pad must have been right on that button because I had two windows open and not reading the thread at the time or the post. My apologies to the OP. This is one of the negative aspects of like/ dislike system. Nothing can be reversed.

-MP.

JameelahAtl

Oct 25, 2011
Wait, I'm confused. This Baba De Caracol is for hair or for diarrhea?! And I will be traveling solo! I'm very excited. February 1st baby!