Hola

flyguy2323

Jan 29, 2012
hello everyone I am new to site and wanted to introduce myself, i have been traving to DR at least once a month for the past 8 moths to visit my now fianc?e ..it has been a thrill as well as a challenge but things are going well, i am working on getting her a K1 visa and decided to hire a company to do the submittion etc etc. so thats a liitle about me , I also tried setting up bank account ..didnt work ..no explaination from bank on
really why ....setting up cable at rental property still no fix on that ...the wheels move very slow ..

I think i am gonna use my experiences to learn better patience...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
We WANT to help you!
Many/Most of us have been burned here in the DR by,"Novias","Friends","ConMen",both foreign and domestic, so we can help you avoid our mistakes.
When your first post on DR! is about "Money",and "Novia", in the same sentence,it raises a HUGE RED FLAG to us!!!
Where did you meet her?
What is the age difference?
Is she from a poor family,"Barrio"?
How long after you met her,did you and her have sex?
I will take it as a "given",that she speaks very little English,and has no "Visa" to leave the DR.
If you are willing to honestly answer those questions,we can give youa valuable "Heads Up"!
Cris Colon
"Been There,Done That"!!!!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How many guys have bought a "Celular" for their "Novia",so she can always talk with him when he calls?
And how many of those "Celulares" just happend to be stolen when she was in a "Publico"?
I told those guys,then ask her for the "charger" back.
She will always look startled,then stammer that she can't find it!
"SEE",what you have to "look forward to"??
Not to mention,"sick" mothers,tuition,cell phone bills,rent,medicine,and the list goes on,and on!
CC

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
I too am on a similar timeline as you. I am in the early days of of my petition submission for my new wife...the alternate track from the fiance path you are on. Both require similar time frames, and many opinions avail as to which is the better course. I am no pro....but hopefully learning.

Curious to hear your tale. Where do you stay when in the RD? Is this relationship confined to the resort, or beach condo only? Do you know her family? Does she have kids?
For me I have lived in the barrio with my wifes's family. It has helped me tremendously ascertain the cultural, family, and socioeconomic background that I am "buying into".

This is all a very challenging way to fall in love btw....if not just plane stupid. This site is full of experience, some of it delivered with only the rubber glove as protection....so pucker up...more to come no doubt.

For me, through intuition and a ton of luck I have been able to develop some yeas and neas....
None of these touch points in and of themselves proves anything, but I sleep better at night knowing where my bride falls on the scale. But even so, I live knowing the auto pista is littered with wrecks and new sink holes open up on Charles de Gaulle eager to swallow KIA driving gringos.

Week in the life:
-Does she spend more time during any given 7 days facilitating caregiver issues for nieces or nephews and grandparents....or on plans for the disco and hair-extensions?
- Are you finding yourself paying the lion share of any of these endeavors? All these endeavors?
-Has she been to university?
-Why did she quit in 2007 for 18 months?....not enough time for her friends?....or for family responsibilities?

Who is she really:
-Why is her birth certificate screwed up?
-How many men gave her those three kids? How are their birth certificates...accurate names within? No kids? wow...muy bn!!
-Her brothers, and dad all have histories of multiple "partners"....AT THE SAME TIME....how does her recent man history reflect this??? Is she going slide into the (or has she), same cultural norms that cause her sibs and padre to ...ahemmm play the field, all during the same game?
-Dominicans are tremendously resourceful people...is her family? Is there a culture of work in her family?
-Who are her friends? Educated? Are they working or playing?
-Ok she lives in the barrio...no crime. But why does she find her way across the river to Ave. Venezuela 4 nights a week?
-Why is she still on cupid or other dating sites?

There are of course many other questions you need to ask yourself. There are some great women here...and it is not always obvious as to why the good ones are worth fighting for. But at best you have a fight ahead of you you. At worst the sankettes are not always obvious either....but many are painfully obvious to all but the frio swigging serial resort gringo. good luck.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011
I too am on a similar timeline as you. I am in the early days of of my petition submission for my new wife...the alternate track from the fiance path you are on. Both require similar time frames, and many opinions avail as to which is the better course. I am no pro....but hopefully learning.

Curious to hear your tale. Where do you stay when in the RD? Is this relationship confined to the resort, or beach condo only? Do you know her family? Does she have kids?
For me I have lived in the barrio with my wifes's family. It has helped me tremendously ascertain the cultural, family, and socioeconomic background that I am "buying into".

This is all a very challenging way to fall in love btw....if not just plane stupid. This site is full of experience, some of it delivered with only the rubber glove as protection....so pucker up...more to come no doubt.

For me, through intuition and a ton of luck I have been able to develop some yeas and neas....
None of these touch points in and of themselves proves anything, but I sleep better at night knowing where my bride falls on the scale. But even so, I live knowing the auto pista is littered with wrecks and new sink holes open up on Charles de Gaulle eager to swallow KIA driving gringos.

Week in the life:
-Does she spend more time during any given 7 days facilitating caregiver issues for nieces or nephews and grandparents....or on plans for the disco and hair-extensions?
- Are you finding yourself paying the lion share of any of these endeavors? All these endeavors?
-Has she been to university?
-Why did she quit in 2007 for 18 months?....not enough time for her friends?....or for family responsibilities?

Who is she really:
-Why is her birth certificate screwed up?
-How many men gave her those three kids? How are their birth certificates...accurate names within? No kids? wow...muy bn!!
-Her brothers, and dad all have histories of multiple "partners"....AT THE SAME TIME....how does her recent man history reflect this??? Is she going slide into the (or has she), same cultural norms that cause her sibs and padre to ...ahemmm play the field, all during the same game?
-Dominicans are tremendously resourceful people...is her family? Is there a culture of work in her family?
-Who are her friends? Educated? Are they working or playing?
-Ok she lives in the barrio...no crime. But why does she find her way across the river to Ave. Venezuela 4 nights a week?
-Why is she still on cupid or other dating sites?

There are of course many other questions you need to ask yourself. There are some great women here...and it is not always obvious as to why the good ones are worth fighting for. But at best you have a fight ahead of you you. At worst the sankettes are not always obvious either....but many are painfully obvious to all but the frio swigging serial resort gringo. good luck.

The woman's family and her friends do not need to answer a million question, but they need to ASK a very important question to the gringo.

WHY would a person from a country with MILLIONS of available men and women go to a 3rd world country to find a partner?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Because,in a "Third World Country",a fat,old.not great to look at man,can get a teenage beauty to give him great sex,and the feeling that he is the "Coolest Guy On Earth"!
Well,maybe not "GIVE Him", but let him "enjoy" all the above,but at what price?
If you can't get a girl like this "at home",chances are,you can't keep one like that anywhere,especially here!
CC

Shee

Jan 2, 2012
Because,in a "Third World Country",a fat,old.not great to look at man,can get a teenage beauty to give him great sex,and the feeling that he is the "Coolest Guy On Earth"!
Well,maybe not "GIVE Him", but let him "enjoy" all the above,but at what price?
If you can't get a girl like this "at home",chances are,you can't keep one like that anywhere,especially here!
CC

lol so true