Belgium Bakery Expanding

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
Very good news for a change, the Belgium Bakery is going to be opening a shop in Sosua so the drums around town have been telling me. Sorry waist line, time to be buying the flexible pants as I will be first in line when they open the doors. One store closing and one store opening, makes a kind of equilibrium to this world we live in. I say that they have the right idea and some very good products, if it is the same as the one in Cabarete then they should do very well in Sosua. Good luck to David and his wife and I wish them every success in the future. Keep up the good work guys

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I know this was David's plan all along. I am glad to see he is doing well and can carry it forward.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Very good news for a change, the Belgium Bakery is going to be opening a shop in Sosua so the drums around town have been telling me. Sorry waist line, time to be buying the flexible pants as I will be first in line when they open the doors. One store closing and one store opening, makes a kind of equilibrium to this world we live in. I say that they have the right idea and some very good products, if it is the same as the one in Cabarete then they should do very well in Sosua. Good luck to David and his wife and I wish them every success in the future. Keep up the good work guys

Some pictures would help!

May 29, 2006
Is the German bakery still open in Sosua? I know it was for sale for a long time... It was a HUGE discovery for me when I found it tucked away on a back street.

oriole100

Bronze
Oct 9, 2005
Like everything else here it is still for sale. The owner is now on vacation. Someone is running it, but he still ownes it.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
f***ing ****, why don't they want to come to puerto plata!? why, oh why!? :mad:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Patience DV8, patience...the man has just started his business in Cabarete and the rumor is now that he is going to expand to Sosua. What will bring next year...maybe Puerto Plata? ;)

Thegreenguy

Dec 12, 2011
I hope it will be in town and easy to get to near Playero or even better, near the small Playero. If the standards are the same when I can only see him doing well here. I also think he has the best coffee around which will be nice to to be able to call in and have one on the way to work. Time will tell!:)

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
I hope it will be in town and easy to get to near Playero or even better, near the small Playero. If the standards are the same when I can only see him doing well here. I also think he has the best coffee around which will be nice to to be able to call in and have one on the way to work. Time will tell!:)

Belgian people know only one standard and that is Consistent Top Quality or for the Americans CTQ.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
I love Dominican coffee, but I have to admit I really was addicted to Lavazza espresso's in Belgium, and that is what David is serving...

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
I must say that i dont quite get the Belgian bakery thing.Ok, so the coffee's good but of the 2 or 3 cakes i have tried, none have been particularly outstanding (and one was downright awful)

Am i just ordering the wrong things or have people been here so long that they have forgotten what good patisserie should be like??

Please recommend me something to change my mind...

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
There is a Belgian bakery beside the big hardware store in Cabarete and was excellent when we visited last year. There is another one in a plaza near Banco Popular. Their pastries were more typical Dominican concoctions. Which one is this thread about?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
There is a Belgian bakery beside the big hardware store in Cabarete and was excellent when we visited last year. There is another one in a plaza near Banco Popular. Their pastries were more typical Dominican concoctions. Which one is this thread about?

The one near Banco Popular.

anng3

Bronze
Jan 12, 2007
I must say that i dont quite get the Belgian bakery thing.Ok, so the coffee's good but of the 2 or 3 cakes i have tried, none have been particularly outstanding (and one was downright awful)

Am i just ordering the wrong things or have people been here so long that they have forgotten what good patisserie should be like??

Please recommend me something to change my mind...

Can't recommend anything at the Belgium Bakery but the chocolate cake at the Cuban Cafe in Sosua is
amazing.

Vinyasa

Bronze
Dec 22, 2010
www.kieranbarry.com
Can't recommend anything at the Belgium Bakery but the chocolate cake at the Cuban Cafe in Sosua is
amazing.

On your advice i just tried a slice and while not truly disapointing, i wouldnt personally call it amazing.
Texture good and looked great, but just a little bit on the tasteless side for me :(

But id probably eat it again at a push ;)

Jan 22, 2010
Non-Belgian people do not know what real good bakery is...

Please expand to Puerto Plata I would even glad to sell there...

T.E.

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
As far as I am concerned the belgian bakery is tops.... good quality... nice staff... but of course you need a palate to appreciate it...

Jan 22, 2010
Overpriced nowadays. Small bread, a lot of money...

4 waitresses...all doing nothing when you sit on terrace....

Maybe lower salaries and reduce food prices...

They won't see me again for a long time

T.E.