An Hymn to the Americas and to the people of the Republica Dominicana

Since, I've listened to this song by Calle 133, I cannot get enough of it whenever I am down, doubting or full of hope. This song transcends nationalities and is a call for a real Humanity, not one written by me, you, our ancestors, but because each and everyone of us is precious in his/her own way. And as communities, we can be beautiful if only we stopped and took the time to read before the lines. This is to the Americas that gave us so much (potatoes, peppers, quinoa, turkey, sweet potatoes, beans, maize, tomatoes, peanuts, manioc, pineapple. And the latex tree that made actual driving fun :) (There is a beautiful novel about the latex tree)
Thank you to the First Nations for sharing, thank you to those who built the Americas as we know them today and to the people of the Dominican Republic, because building is always hard and on new shared grounds even harder! (I have to stay on topic :) )
It's Sunday afternoon, snow is blowing, sun is shining. And I thought to share this one with you as the New Peruvian Minister of Culture, Susana Baca, sings in this video. Hail diversity! That's makes us stronger wherever we are, whoever we might be!
Calle 13 - Latinoam?rica - YouTube

Last edited:

jackichan

Bronze
Jun 23, 2011
Great rythym. It reminds me i need to work on my spanish. I couldnt understand much of the intro

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I love this too, La Louve. I didn't know that the sublime Susana Baca is the new Peruvian Minister of Culture! She's one of my favourite singers and I was lucky enough to see her in concert in London in the late 90s.

jackichan said:
Great rythym. It reminds me i need to work on my spanish. I couldnt understand much of the intro
Let me reassure you - most of the intro is in Quechua!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Calle 13 is definitely my favorite "reggeatton" group. They're the only out there putting songs with good lyrics and trying different things than the usual beats.