SD Supermarkets with ride-on carts?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I've probably been in every large and small supermarket in SD over the decades, and I couldn't answer this question.

Do any of them offer the ride-on 'handicapped' carts? Which stores/locations? If so, do they have to be 'reserved'?

And what do they call them there?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks dog. A couple of years ago I was talking to an American woman at the Hotel Santo Domingo pool, she lives in SD [near Dominican Fiesta if I remember correctly] and has a pool membership there. We were talking to an American couple who were in SD for stem-cell treatments for the wife. Anyway, she had hip-replacement surgery in SD, and she mentioned that she used to call and reserve one of those electric carts to do her shopping.

She said where, but it wasn't on my 'things to remember' list. And the older I get, the shorter that list gets, ha!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Supermercado National has them.
I doubt you have to reserve them,because I often see them being "banged around" the isles with children at the wheel! You KNOW how Dominicans supervise their kids!
CC

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Supermercado National has them.
I doubt you have to reserve them,because I often see them being "banged around" the isles with children at the wheel! You KNOW how Dominicans supervise their kids!
CC

Thanks Chriss. Dominicans supervising kids is an oxy-moron.

I remember being criticized for disciplining our kids when they were small - one time my son ran into the street in front of my suegra's house when he was 2 or 3, and I grabbed him at the curb and swatted his little butt once, saying 'no!'. Oh the horror of it. My inlaws were furious that I raised my voice and smacked his diapered butt. They told me I watched him too much.

Can you watch a 2 year old "too much"???

This was on Jose Contreras near the corner of Churchill/Jimenez Moya - not a quiet cul-de-sac.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Years ago,I went to a birthday party for a 6 year old in "Simon Bolivar.During the party,3 kids were taken to the hospital,on three different occasions.All hit by "Motores",while running in the the street. I thought that after the first "HIT, the parents mught be a little more observant.They WERE,nobody spilled a drop of their beer all day!
CC