Getting married process???

LIZ87

Sep 7, 2010
Hello Everyone,

So...I am planning on getting married with my boyfriend of 2 1/2 years. The thing is that I am an American citizen and have double nationality being that my parents are Dominican as well. He doesn't have papers so I want to know what process do I have to go through in order to make that happen. What should be my first step? I never been through this so I am very new at this. Around how much money is this going to cost?

Please provide me with the most information possible. How long does the process take?

Thank You

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Go to the US Embassy website for the D.R. (google it) and follow the links under Visa. All you need to know is there.
How much = a lifetime of paying money.

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
You may want to consider a fiancee visa. I know a young couple (too young IMO, but that's another story) who recently went that route (this past year)--she lives in Miami and is a dual citizen and the fiancee visa went through rather quickly. They then married in Miami. He was young with not much of a financial history built up. I believe her parents helped with documentation of support.

(I assume you are wanting to bring him to the US (hence the "papers" reference). If that's not the case, well then you would just get married as any other Dominican would.)