Anyone needs a ride to S.Domingo from Cab-Sosua next week? can take up to 6 ppl

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Hi! We r going in our minivan (Honda Odyssey) to SD, im going there to get my residency, so we r leaving in the morning to be there at 9-10am, i think it will be tuesday-wednesday. We can take up to 6 (or 7 skinny) people with us. Bring your DVD's if you wanna watch a movie during a ride. Coming back same day once im done with papers. So if you need a ride from SD to Cab-Sosua we can pick you too. Charging only for gasoline for pick up and drop off, but if you want a tour around town and see monuments and churches then we charge a lil more, depends how many people going (if only 1 person we split expenses for gas 50/50). Anyways will be less then a cab (200US one way) and faster then a bus (bus takes 4,5hrs, we will be there in 3hrs tops.). I just dont wanna go in a bus and dont wanna spend that much money on gas just to get to SD, so looking for a person to split a bill :)

Hope to hear from ya! PM or call 8096054171

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
might take you up on that... need to go to SD to pick up my new passport. How much is the gasmoney?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Idk, never drove that far. Around 4000-5000 peso i expect for roundtrip (incl paying road tax). May be people who drive to SD will enlighten us. It took 1000 pesos from santiago to cabarete, so i guess SD is twice the distance so 2k there and 2k back, plus road tax around 800.
But probably less then that, i really hope :D

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hi! We r going in our minivan (Honda Odyssey) to SD, im going there to get my residency, so we r leaving in the morning to be there at 9-10am, i think it will be tuesday-wednesday. We can take up to 6 (or 7 skinny) people with us. Bring your DVD's if you wanna watch a movie during a ride. Coming back same day once im done with papers. So if you need a ride from SD to Cab-Sosua we can pick you too. Charging only for gasoline for pick up and drop off, but if you want a tour around town and see monuments and churches then we charge a lil more, depends how many people going (if only 1 person we split expenses for gas 50/50). Anyways will be less then a cab (200US one way) and faster then a bus (bus takes 4,5hrs, we will be there in 3hrs tops.). I just dont wanna go in a bus and dont wanna spend that much money on gas just to get to SD, so looking for a person to split a bill :)

Hope to hear from ya! PM or call 8096054171

What happens if you get a fine? If a tire explode? 50/50? 73/27? IMHO one should not have a car if one can not afford to use it. Or sell the thirsty van and buy a Chevy Spark and install a propaine system.

If you want some more responses...How about?

"Hey, I am going to the Capital. Somebody wants a to come? It is boring driving alone... Buy me a beer and we are all fine." Who knows, maybe you find somebody that will do you a favor another time.

No...I have my own car.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I should have added ...To a friend I would say "Take the bus!!! and then a taxi!" Driving in Santo Domingo is hell if you are not used to it... Yes, nowadays I take the bus.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of la cama este manana....

OP's offering a ride to those interested, and asking for folks to chip in gas money. Why does that necessitate such a response. People are getting crabby these days....

What happens if you get a fine? If a tire explode? 50/50? 73/27? IMHO one should not have a car if one can not afford to use it. Or sell the thirsty van and buy a Chevy Spark and install a propaine system.

If you want some more responses...How about?

"Hey, I am going to the Capital. Somebody wants a to come? It is boring driving alone... Buy me a beer and we are all fine." Who knows, maybe you find somebody that will do you a favor another time.

No...I have my own car.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of la cama este manana....

OP's offering a ride to those interested, and asking for folks to chip in gas money. Why does that necessitate such a response. People are getting crabby these days....

I have to disagree with you on this one. " but if you want a tour around town and see monuments and churches then we charge a lil more," This is quote is my reason.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Why Not?

I just dont wanna go in a bus and dont wanna spend that much money on gas just to get to SD, so looking for a person to split a bill :)

Sharing expenses is a good idea and such offers should not have stupid comments.
Not going alone is safer and one may meet nice people, too.

donP

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
People, there is no need to bash the OP. She is giving others the chance to save up some money and the opportunity to serve them as guide to see Santo Domingo. You either take it or leave it, there is no need to make her feel bad because I don't see anything wrong with that. We need to stop being sour apples.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
People, there is no need to bash the OP. She is giving others the chance to save up some money and the opportunity to serve them as guide to see Santo Domingo. You either take it or leave it, there is no need to make her feel bad because I don't see anything wrong with that. We need to stop being sour apples.

A guide that never driven to/in Santo Domingo? Sry but I reacted on the "charge a lil more for the tour" and yeah it was early morning...:paranoid:

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
A guide that never driven to/in Santo Domingo? Sry but I reacted on the "charge a lil more for the tour" and yeah it was early morning...:paranoid:

Dude, really? go to sleep if you don't have something better to do..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
DR1 is about helping each other in this country, not about making money while doing it. Charging for a tour is not what DR1 should stand for. Just my 2 cents.

Does anyone think HB charges anyone for all that he does here?

JessicaRabbit

Sep 21, 2009
Hey! i had a call from group of 4 who wanted to see zona colonial etc and spend there few hours, so why i have to lose my time for free? We have things to do and a child at home. I was in Santo Dominigo numerous of times and mi esposo dominicano works as a tour guide for years! So dont worry about it. Didnt know i need a degree for that.
My thought was that may be someone needs to go to Migracion as well or just needs a ride to SD to airport for example. Why not to help each other save money and a have a pleasant trip without need to sit in a freezer called Caribe Tours for 9 hours in one day.

We do help for free a lot when we can (for example helped russian woman whose husband drowned in Encuentro beach 2 weeks ago). So dont hurry to judge. You have no idea.

Last edited:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
This is why I just love dr1!

The OP simply wants to share driving expenses and some miserable keyboard warrior douche puts in his .02.
WTF is wrong with you people???

Jessica, no need to justify your post, these people are losers with no life.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Dude, really? go to sleep if you don't have something better to do..

Duuuuude, broooo, at least my 2nd post included some advice. And I kind of apologized entonces... ya.. e pa lante k vamos

Last edited: