Land in the family for generations

citimq2

Jun 20, 2010
After years of research, we found that our grandmother is the sole owner of some land west of Santiago. Some land is a understatement and I can't divulge the true size. The problem is how do we make claim on this land? and neighbors of adjoining farms have been taking advantage illegally, using a large portion of our land for profit for some 30+ years. Can we collect any of those profits for a "rental" fee, or recoup any of the money they made?

If there is any suggestions other than "get a lawyer" please chime in. Suggestions are seriously welcome.

Our grandmother is still alive and lives in poverty along with the majority of the family. I married into the family supporting them the best I can with my limited resources supporting a family of 6. I feel its about time the family can enjoy life the land they have owned for 80+ years yet never in there possession.

Any help, please let me know.

Don

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
How did you 'discover' this fact? Be careful that you're not being set up with a story to 'invest'...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
These are often quite complicated situations and certainly require the services of lawyers. You need to find a top drawer group of lawyers in order to be able to file your claim and make it hold up in court.

You were asked how do you know? Are there documents? If they are that is your fist step...

Get going, since every day that you hesitate is another day you won't see anything from that land..

People kill people for land, so be cautious and wise and let the lawyers handle this if you have a good claim..

HB