Shoe Manufacturer

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Does anyone know of the name of any shoe manufacturers in Santiago. A friend of mine says there is a family owned business there he wants to in touch with.....
Thanks
Hammerdown

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The is Mocashoe (I think) and Timberland, and there are probably a few very small shoemakers...Can you help us out a bit more???

HB

LaTeacher

Bronze
May 2, 2008
what a vague request. there is a man who makes shoes in la zurza - he seems to have been there for years and makes decent shoes.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I have heard that RD is well known for its shoe manufacturing industry.

In fact , I have a pair of that are marked "Made in the Dominican Republic".
Very nice shoes, I might add.

May 29, 2006
I've bought handmade deck shoes in the DR, but never seen anything locally made that had a last or could be resoled. There may be some old timers around who handcraft shoes. I'd start by looking at shoe repair places since the skills would overlap. Even that is getting harder to find since today's shoes are not usually made to be resoled.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Sorry for being so vague, but its all I got to work with.....the guy is from Toronto and asked, so I try to qualify him a little better, and he the says its a family shoe manufacturer in Santiago.....so I try to put it into perspective like "you know that guy that sell flowers, in Toronto, do you know him???".....should have heard his reply....lol....
I will let him know what you guys have said, and go from there....
Thanks

May 29, 2006
Sorry for being so vague, but its all I got to work with.....the guy is from Toronto and asked, so I try to qualify him a little better, and he the says its a family shoe manufacturer in Santiago.....so I try to put it into perspective like "you know that guy that sell flowers, in Toronto, do you know him???".....should have heard his reply....lol....
I will let him know what you guys have said, and go from there....
Thanks

I had a funny experience when I was in the Pacific Islands when I mentioned to a local that I was from NY. He said, "Oh really?? I have a friend in NY! His name is Bill!(not a common name in Marshallese) Do you know him?" When I said there were many many Bills in NY, he said, "Oh but you would know him. He's VERY tall! Almost as tall as YOU!"

--I'm 5'11"