Golfing on the North Coast

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
I found these three golf courses listed on the net and was wondering if anyone could give me some current info on them. Such as are they open to the public, are the grounds in good condition, are the carts in good repair, are the rental clubs any good, etc.

I plan on calling each course to get things such as pricing and hours but i was looking for more objective opinions from those that may have already played a few rounds on each of these courses.

Costa Azul Golf Course
Los Mangos Golf Course
Playa Dorada Golf Course

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Costa Azul (Cabarete)... closed to the best of my knowledge and I never saw it looking like more than a cow pasture.

Playa Dorada (Puerto Plata)... course well maintained, been soggy for the last month. green fees around US$100. carts in good condition. most rental clubs not in good condition.

Los Mangos (Costambar)... members who live there can advise you

One not on your list, Playa Grande near Rio San Juan is probably undeniably the most spectacular course on the north coast. I've not been out there in a few months. Perhaps someone else can update you. They were supposed to commence re-routing some holes in order to construct a hotel.

Enjoy your trip!

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Playa Grande is around the same price as Playa Dorado, but is in a far superior class in every aspect......CFA, might be going out there with a friend in a couple of weeks, want tour operator pricing?

afroski

May 12, 2007
www.georgiaflash.com
Costa Azul (Cabarete)... closed to the best of my knowledge and I never saw it looking like more than a cow pasture.

Playa Dorada (Puerto Plata)... course well maintained, been soggy for the last month. green fees around US$100. carts in good condition. most rental clubs not in good condition.

Los Mangos (Costambar)... members who live there can advise you

One not on your list, Playa Grande near Rio San Juan is probably undeniably the most spectacular course on the north coast. I've not been out there in a few months. Perhaps someone else can update you. They were supposed to commence re-routing some holes in order to construct a hotel.

Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for the info, but I thought I read somewhere that Playa Grande had went private or closed down.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
You should PM Bermuda Rum. He plays the North Coast, and quite well.