Dominican biblioteca

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Hello
Does anyone have a idea where there is a Dominican bibliotheca on the north coast.
My clean up lady is looking for a book about the Dominican history, so it have to be in Spanish

Jan 22, 2010
little street calle duarte next to banco popular in Puerto Plata downhill at first corner...not sure if that is still open tho

T.E.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Thanks for the answer, I go tomorrow to Sosua and take a look for my maid, she have self to go for the book(s) she need

london777

Bronze
Dec 22, 2005
Bookshops in this country (outside the capital) are feeble but this seems such a basic request I am sure she will find three or four titles at Abraxas in Calle Juan Bosch (formerly Calle J F Kennedy) in Puerto Plata. The street number was 73 when the old street name. I don't know if they have since changed the numbers. Edenorte main office is in Calle Beller and Abraxas lies immediately behind it on the parallel street to the North. They close for lunch 12.00 to 14.00.

quebec

Dec 30, 2011
Biblioteca or liberia???

In Puerto Plata there are several options. If it is a biblioteca (what we call a library) there is the Biblioteca Renovacion which is right off the central park. As well as The Meeting Place on Juan Bosch has a resource library specializing in Dominican culture/history (they also have a large collection of books for sale) though I think these books are only in English. If it is a liberia (what we call a bookstore) there are several options. Abraxas is one (also on calle Juan Bosch) -- it is a bit pricey but good collection. Also on 12 de Julio is Ripolli which also has a fairly decent collection of Spanish texts.

CLI

Jul 13, 2008
There is a biblioteca at the DREAM Project in Cabarete (in their center in the Callajon). I'm not sure what membership terms are, but I'm sure they have books about Dominican history.