Taxi from El Aeropuerto Las Am?ricas de Santo Domingo (SDQ) to San Cristobal

vercetti988

Sep 26, 2007
Hello, I'm trying to do some research on what will consider a good price for one person to take a taxi from El Aeropuerto Las Am?ricas de Santo Domingo (SDQ) to San Cristobal. I was not able to locate this information here in the forums. I did speak with someone from DR and mention he paid $60 US dollars for one way trip on a taxi from SDQ to San Cristobal, but I'm not sure is that's consider too hi or low. Please provide some feed back if you are familiar taking taxis to the destination that I mention.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
$60 sounds like a decent price to me - it's at least $40 to Santo Domingo, and San Cristobal is much further [we drive through it to our house, and do most of our food shopping at La Sirena there]. I wouldn't be surprised if they actually wanted more than $60.

vercetti988

Sep 26, 2007
Hi AlterEgo,
I want to thank you for providing some feedback. This information will be helpful as a starting point to negotiate on the cost of the trip from SDQ to San Cristobal with the taxi drivers.

vercetti988

Sep 26, 2007
Hi ricky11. Sorry for the delay answering your questions.

1. What time will you arrive in SDQ? At this time I haven't purchase an airline ticket since I'm just researching, but if I do purchase a ticket I will make sure to arrive in the morning or afternoon and avoid the evening flights.
2. Checked baggage or carry on? I will have one checked baggage and one carry on.
3. Is time of importance? I'm not sure what you mean by this question.
4. Ever been here before? I have been to DR at least 3 times already.
5. Speaks the language? My Spanish speaking skills are intermediate.