Copy of a lost marriage certificate.

ickletp

Feb 9, 2012
Dear All

I am from the UK and I am trying to get a copy of a marriage certificate that took place in Puerto Plata in 1998.

I have the date, i have the hotel, i have the names of the people who got married but nothing else.

The tour company who organised it are no longer avaliable.

Please can someone tell me how i can get this (names and email addresses), who i should contact, how much it will cost.

I have tried the British embassy in the dominican rep and the dominican republic embassy in the UK, they are not helping at all.

Please please if you have any ideas where to start i would be very greatful.

Many thanks

Jan 22, 2010
Hi,

You just have to go to the "Oficialia de Estado Civil" .There are 2 in Puerto Plata one in 12 de julio street and one in Beller street and have some patience as it is always packed with people. Y ou also have to know in which of 2 you got married.It does not works with names or e-mails just go in person. If you need help don't hesitate to ask(PM me), Maybe i can help as I am doing nothing at home for the moment...
T.E

ickletp

Feb 9, 2012
Unfortunatly I would love to come back to the DR but live in the UK. :(

Any other suggestions??

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Hi,

You just have to go to the "Oficialia de Estado Civil" .There are 2 in Puerto Plata one in 12 de julio street and one in Beller street and have some patience as it is always packed with people. Y ou also have to know in which of 2 you got married.It does not works with names or e-mails just go in person. If you need help don't hesitate to ask(PM me), Maybe i can help as I am doing nothing at home for the moment...
T.E

If it was not a religious ceremony, the information on the marriage should be available at the Oficial?a de Estado Civil on Beller Street. The one on Doce de Julio registers canonical marriages.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
If you are not here in the country you need to ask someone to get it for you and send it to you.

Matilda