A fresh start in Santiago

businessdr

Oct 8, 2011
Guys,

I posed this question last week but just want to confirm again-how much is a furnished one bedroom to rent in Jardines vs. Villa Olga?

Which is a better place to live? I would like to be walking distance to Gold's gym.

May 12, 2005
Villa Olga is a little closer to Gold's but neither is a short walk away. Look into the neighborhoods behind Plaza International.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Villa Olga is a little closer to Gold's but neither is a short walk away. Look into the neighborhoods behind Plaza International.

That area is called La Esmeralda. Nice area (and only real neighborhood within walking distance to Gold's Gym) but tough to find a one bedroom, especially furnished. Same goes for Villa Olga and Los Jardines...most apartments are 2BR and larger and unfurnished.

Ive spent a lot of time in both Villa Olga and Los Jardines and would definitely recommend the latter, especially if you like to walk. There are several parks and areas great for exercising. Also, Villa Olga may be less commercial than Los Jardines, but the traffic is similar, if not worse and I've found it noisier at night. Los Jardines also has the advantage of dozens of restaurants, bars, stores, banks, etc, within walking distance...as well as Caribe Tours and Metro Bus.

Also rumor has it that Chef Pepper is about to open on Av. 27, just outside of Los Jardines....if it's true I'm considering moving back there! :bunny:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
It might be a good idea to try to pick something that is near the major routes like JP Duarte that way you can get a carro publico to take you to the gym or wherever. There are numerous apts on the East side of Santiago to choose from.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is a place called >Las Bromelias. Currently, there are a couple of small places for rent there. And it is within walking distance of Golds...Good Luck.

HB