First Lady's Account Details Exposed/Danilo Faked His Doctorate

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
How is this news not on DR1 yet? Yesterday morning on the Diario 55 programme on Canal S?per TV55, the presenter Marcos Mart?nez claimed he had proof of a bank account in the First Lady's name that shows she has tens of millions of dollars in savings in a foreign bank account. Some of the amounts deposited include 18 million 950 thousand euros from various governmental institutions. The account purportedly amounts to 43 million 892 thousand 678 euros.

The military apparently raided the presenter's house - the second such raid against the media in less than a week - in Santiago today following the accusations but this has yet to be confirmed. Link here: Revelan cuenta bancaria de 43 millones de euros de la Primera Dama Margarita Cede?o de Fern?ndez | Caribbean Digital

In other news, the UASD professor who revealed that presidential candidate Danilo plagiarised his work and indeed did not deserve to be awarded his doctoral thesis was also sacked. Link here: Profesor Gneco demostr? que Danilo plagi? tesis y no es ingeniero qu?mico - Acento

One might say these are dirty tricks by the opposition during election times but how can such blatant acts of corruption and criminal activity continue?

Jul 4, 2010
The First Lady has denied the claim, in her twitter account can be read the following: "Mi pueblo me espera, los rumores ni nada ni nadie me sacar? de las calles. SOLO DIOS quien aqu? me ha puesto." ("My people expected, rumors or anything or anyone get me out of the streets. ONLY GOD who put me here" (Google Translate)

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
There are many details... Somehow I would not be surprised it is true...

domilinguist

Feb 22, 2008
I wouldn't be either having had the misfortune to work with a lot of these cretins. It's time these disparates were exposed.

Jan 5, 2006
I have to wait until more info is put forth. However, neither of the possible outcomes would surprise me. I can see her having the cash stashed away for a rainy day, and I can also see the whole thing being a big lie perpetrated by the opposition to discredit her candidacy. Both sides are as crooked and dirty as it gets!

What she actually does legally; not what she says that she'll do; will go a long way toward showing who's telling the truth.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
I wouldn't be either having had the misfortune to work with a lot of these cretins. It's time these disparates were exposed.

Disparates de Margarita Cede?o -vs- disparates de Hip?lito Mejia. Since we already know and have suffered those of Hip?lito, I sure don't want that cretin back.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
In her YouTube video, she looks like she is faking... Also the journalist claims to have many proofs... Let's see...
I tend to think it is true...

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
First lady announces she submitted Santiago Communicator for libel and slander

"With much surprise I found out this morning, by a person who's said qualified as a journalist, that I have a million dollar account in Europe. Really for me it was a very unpleasant news to hear this, I think it's a great shame, it really is something that should not continue and I am ready to clarify with all its consequences.

I'm talking over with my lawyers to proceed to submit this person and all persons who have been involved in this information or complaint, or whatever you call it, so we have the opportunity to demonstrate the falsity of this assertion."

"I want you to know that neither as a mother nor as wife or as first lady will I allow them to throw garbage on me.This is part of the campaign, I am told. Actually I entered politics to change the way politics are done and I will not let events like this be ignored.Whenever this has been the fashion, well handled, but not me.I'm sorry but we will proceed to sue you and then he must demonstrate in a court of justice, fair and square what he said on television, radio and in all social networks."

La primera dama anuncia someter? por difamaci?n e injuria a comunicador de Santiago - listindiario.com

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
AFTER COMPLAINT
Police denied it raided home of journalist in Santiago
THROUGHOUT THE MORNING IN THE NET THEY HAVE SAID THAT THE HOUSE WAS SURROUNDED

Santo Domingo
The National Police Headquarters spokesperson today denied that police had surrounded the house of journalist Marcos Martinez Santiago, as was published in digital media, whose name was not mentioned.
According to a statement released by the agency in this regard, the site published digital photos manipulated to validate the information.
He said that as the reports of General L?pez Romero, Regional Director Central Cibao, the said communicator is resting at his home without any mishap.
The digital gateway station Z-101 has echoed that state security agents visited the home of journalist to get him, as a result of this report on an alleged bank account of the First Lady Margarita Cede?o Fernandez and vice presidential candidate of the Dominican Liberation Party (PLD).

Polic?a desmiente que allanara residencia de un periodista en Santiago - listindiario.com

Rhardwood

Feb 16, 2012
No big surprise

The DR has sunk to the 129th level of corruption in the world. If you ask me, that's pretty low in a world where you are below Haiti. Nothing against the Haitians, but we know what goes on there.

The 10-years ago chancleteros (read guys in sandals) now have mansions and big "jeepetas" (read limousines on wheels) where they only had bicycles and run down cars. She (the first lady of the Dominican Republic) moves millions of dollars through her First Lady office. Who's to say where that money goes? Now, for those who say that doesn't matter, they wish they could do the same. THIEVES! All of you. Down with corruption, stealing yours and mine moneys, who pay taxes in this country.

That there is no one you can trust? Shame on us! We get the government we deserve.

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
The DR has sunk to the 129th level of corruption in the world. If you ask me, that's pretty low in a world where you are below Haiti. Nothing against the Haitians, but we know what goes on there.

The 10-years ago chancleteros (read guys in sandals) now have mansions and big "jeepetas" (read limousines on wheels) where they only had bicycles and run down cars. She (the first lady of the Dominican Republic) moves millions of dollars through her First Lady office. Who's to say where that money goes? Now, for those who say that doesn't matter, they wish they could do the same. THIEVES! All of you. Down with corruption, stealing yours and mine moneys, who pay taxes in this country.

That there is no one you can trust? Shame on us! We get the government we deserve.

Amen!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Even for a casual observer, the possibility that the First Lady of the Dominican Republic may have a stash of money in a foreign back account comes as no surprise. However, if there is any truth to the post that the police surrounded the home of the journalist who reported this, I would think that would call for a totally different response.

Jan 5, 2006
First lady announces she submitted Santiago Communicator for libel and slander
Much the same way that Felix Jimenez; ex-minister of tourism; announced that he would be suing Spanish newspaper El Pais, after they published the cable from the US Embassy, released by Wikileaks, stating that he had demanded a $10MM USD bribe to facilitate permits/business dealings for some American investors. We're still waiting for the lawsuit! :eek:

Like I wrote before; what she actually does legally; not what she says that she'll do; will go a long way toward showing who's telling the truth. I would actually love to see this drama play out in court, but I'm not holding my breath! ;)

PICHARDO

May 15, 2003
madwife.gif
sad2.gif

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
It looked like Leonel was a bit worried: they had a closed-door meeting with all the DNI folks and military for a long while yesterday night...
Margarita's email was hacked a couple of weeks ago... it might be the source of that leak...
So far Marcos Martinez is standing by his very detailed statement...
Let's see how the PLD manipulate the situation in order not to loose face in this crucial campaign period...

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
Insider trading

Al Gore once said, my Father was a Senator, I was a Senator and of the course the Vice-President for so long; I forgot what it was like to drive my own car, pay for my own stuff and fly commercial!

Power corrupts! The best way to spread the wealth is to have mandatory term limits in all state and senate houses; because it would never "trickle down" to the common guy It's no coincidence that a vast majority of elected officials "worldwide" happen to be lawyers!

They just can't let go of all that power, all the perks and will do anything to stay in the loop; like "have another family member run again to get us back in".

Last edited: