Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet the Dominican Republic!

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rice&beans View Post
    I like the few "token poor Bario" photos he "guilts himself into posting" at the end......

Nice balance, thanks for keeping it real.......
    Meet the sidewalks of Gazcue, Santo Domingo. You will find one of these on just about every block in the tourist section.

2. Likes GinzaGringo, rice&beans, La Mariposa liked this post
    Dislikes PICHARDO disliked this post
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Hillarious!

4. Likes La Mariposa liked this post
    Dislikes PICHARDO disliked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Awesome,

Great job bigbird!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. Dislikes PICHARDO disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Meet the sidewalks of Gazcue, Santo Domingo. You will find one of these on just about every block in the tourist section.

Typical way of going against the grain here on DR1 from the selected group!

Care to tell me where in the world this does NOT happens?

Need pictures to help you recall?

You're just painting it as if this was what you'll see everywhere about the city, which is far from the truth!

You can even see the hole was created by broken water pipes... Another aspect is that you call it the tourist zone, when in reality 90% of the old city area is peppered with sewers and caves from the time of the city's foundation, back some 500 years ago... Just covering the hole with some tar and paving it won't cut it! If you care to see a bit more carefully they picture you posted, you can spot the bricks under all that pavement. That's the original road from hundreds of years back in time.

8. Dislikes La Mariposa disliked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Guess where?

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

"Meet the sidewalks of Gazcue"

Yeah right!

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PICHARDO View Post

Guess where?

Typical response when faced with reality or the truth.......

Flush another country down the toilet, throw another country under the Bus....WEAK...

You'll never get it, I'm not sayn anything bad about the DR, I love it there!!!

Just KEEP IT REAL, and the pictures you post only tell half of the story, I get it, PROGRESS.......

But with your train of thought, all Barios will cease to exist....(along with poor people).......ahhh......by the year 2023??

And the Island will be filled with brand new (empty) malls.....high rise Condos, more fast food joints than the USA, rich people stroling merrily, shopping their days away.

I just think you conveniently forget a whole demographic, regarding areas and population, and the picture you paint is deceiving....

Great photos, but show the other side of the tracks once in a while......

12. Likes La Mariposa, Expat13 liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

.....Care to tell me where in the world this does NOT happens?

Need pictures to help you recall?..............
    Yes, this happens all over the world but the major difference is the pot holes get repaired whereas in Gazcue these same potholes remain for years. The first picture it took a little over two months to repair that pothole.

..............You're just painting it as if this was what you'll see everywhere about the city, which is far from the truth!..............
    Don't think so, you're doing a pretty good job at that.

FYI, I love coming to the DR but like previously mentioned, let's keep it real..................

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand all the flack Pichardo gets when he posts pictures. I understand that y'all think he paints a very one-sided view of the DR, but what's the problem with that? Is he some official in the Ministry of Tourism or Economics whose views carry some substantial impact?

I don't think he's dumb enough to think the DR is all cherry's and roses, it just looks like he's just a dude posting pictures that he likes. I don't understand why he's necessarily held accountable to "keeping it real" in his photo collections. If he's into only posting beautiful pics of DR (no matter how 1-sided), I think that's totally his prerogative.

Personally, I usually enjoy his photo collections and definitely appreciate the time/effort he puts into putting them together!

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bigbird View Post
    Yes, this happens all over the world but the major difference is the pot holes get repaired whereas in Gazcue these same potholes remain for years. The first picture it took a little over two months to repair that pothole.

Don't think so, you're doing a pretty good job at that.

FYI, I love coming to the DR but like previously mentioned, let's keep it real..................

Yeah right!

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast