Long time lurker and resident of la vega, stopping in to finally say hi

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hi, I'm a 1/2 Dominican male living in la vega with a wife and 3 year old son and have been lurking the forums for quite some time. We have our house here in La Vega but planning on moving out to Cabarete pretty soon since we checked out some nice apartments in the Orillas del Mar complex a couple days ago. I figured it's about time I joined the forums and started contributing what I know about dominican society from the barrio level up to the residenciales and 150 peso corona crowd. Any questions just ask and I can tell you just about anything about the La Vega area :) Take care and nice to meet you guys.

Jetblue Flight 811

Oct 17, 2010
how big is La Vega?ive always seen the sign for La Vega and Moca when driving through santiago. Ill be there on sunday for carnaval where is the best spot to stand to watch the parade?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
La vega is the third largest city in the country according to some sources. It always seemed to me that Moca was bigger sizewise when driving through, but La Vega also includes a ton of small campos. Regarding the carnaval on Sunday, it all depends on how much you want to spend.. If you are coming with a decent group of spenders, check out the vip at Lite Lounge, it's like 500 pesos entrance but it has a great view and awesome waiters.. if you make it there ask for Angel as a waiter and tell him you're a friend of Tommys :) If you are coming alone or in a small group and don't want to spend too much, go to parque de las palmas and stand on the stage they make there and drink 25 peso brahma light cans :) (30-35 pesos from the haitian guys that bring them up to you)