SD taxi fare in center

Salsafan

Bronze
Aug 17, 2011
Whats the normal taxi-fare for locals in SD-Center during night ? For instance from Av. Venezuela to Zona Col. or from Catedral Primada to Bella Vista. Maybe there are already 1000 answers to this but I've only found the ones between center and airport.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Within DN between 150 and 200 pesos from the other side of the river to DN might be a bit more

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
Recently had to pick up my passport in the ZC...

Parked my car at the Carrefour, as I had no clue, and no wish, to drive into the centre of SD. Got a local cab, agreed on a price of 250rds, one way. He took me the scenic route, as he first drove me to a hospital with the same name as the street.

Anyways, the whole trip from Carrefour to ZC, and back meant about 3 hours in the back of a cab with no airco. Having said this, my driver had to ask for directions about ten times. Got me there in time (with about 10 minutes to spare, and me sweating...), waited for me for no extra charge, and drove me back. All for the agreed price. I honestly think he spend that amount on gasoline.

When we got back at CF he did not have change (hah.. big surprise), rode of with with my 1,000rds note, to appear 5 minutes later with the right change...

Only in the DR...

imfromda305

Dec 9, 2011
Whats the normal taxi-fare for locals in SD-Center during night ? For instance from Av. Venezuela to Zona Col. or from Catedral Primada to Bella Vista. Maybe there are already 1000 answers to this but I've only found the ones between center and airport.

When going out, Venezuela to Gazcue (further than Colonial) was 300. Sometimes I could do it for 250. So 250 will get you there.