Caribetours bus from Santo Domingo to Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Ducadista

Nov 7, 2011
Valeu Cara!
Has anyone taken Caribetours to Port au prince latley, their website does not say the cost or the duration. I was also looking into flights, but all I could find is going thru Miami then to Haiti, thanks.

Xpress Dominicana

Jun 23, 2010
google to capitalcoachline, from santo domingo, 27 to PAP, good service, about 25.- US, one station american ambassy and the other one petion ville!!

Jeepito

Dec 22, 2011
Flight

There's a daily flight from Santo Domingo to Port-au-Prince on Air Caribbean and on American Airlines (not too sure about AA) it may be seasonal.

price was around $US180 roundtrip about 2 years ago.

Eco-

Jan 12, 2012
It's about a 10-12 hour journey. Add in other travel times and having to show up early and you are into a 16+ plus journey. If I did it again I would suck it up and fly there. If you decide on the bus, book early and ask for the seats above the driver for great views and.....bring your own toilet paper and something to clean the nasty bathroom if you have to use it.

Also, the trip prices don't include your entry/exit fees from Haiti. I think it was $22USD and $100ish in Haitian money to return and I forget the extra money to enter Haiti. I used a different company going into Haiti and it was nothing short of a cramped taptap that made 20+ stops, without going into details stick with Caribe Tours over a taptap if your can't budget a direct flight.

Fleur de Santiago

Sep 20, 2010
Has anyone taken Caribetours to Port au prince latley, their website does not say the cost or the duration. I was also looking into flights, but all I could find is going thru Miami then to Haiti, thanks.

Capital Coachline (27 de Febrero, Sto Domingo) runs daily from capital to capital. The round trip is around $75-$80 US plus the Haitian entry tax/fee which I think it about $20. The trip takes 6-8 hours, depending on how long you get stuck at the border.

There is also Caribe Tours that takes the same route at the same price more or less. Their buses tend to be a older/dirtier and they usually take longer to arrive, usually getting their after dark.

I would recommend Coachline.

Fleur de Santiago

Sep 20, 2010
And there are direct flights leaving from both Sto Domingo and Santiago. American Airlines as well as a smaller airline, I think, are the operators. The tickets are quite pricey now, running around $300-$450 US. Take the bus, it's really not that bad but do take the warning of the Caribe Tours bathrooms, they are pretty funky.

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
I will be taking Capital Coachline to Haiti. I just called and asked about on site parking and they don't have any parking. Any suggestions on where to park? They are located on 27 de febrero #455 close to el Million. Thanks