lawyer that is DR bank savy

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
I am looking for a Lawyer that has working knowledge of the banking laws here in the DR.I am having a problem with a local bank and need advice.Again,they must know the banking system here in DR.
bob

HumbleHindu

Jan 14, 2010
In which city? I know a lawyer here in La Vega who had won against an international bank. He may be of help if you are in central provinces.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If you are talking about less than 500 to 1,000 US dollars,Forget about it!
An ATM from Banco de Reservas,"Ate" my US bank debit card,and charged me for 4,000 pesos I didn't get.
My US bank said that Banco de reservas informed them that the money was paid out.
"Bull$hit"!
They may not have "Payed Out" my money,But I can assure you that the "Have",and "Will" pay for it,"One Way",or "ANOTHER"!
CC

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
If you are talking about less than 500 to 1,000 US dollars,Forget about it!
An ATM from Banco de Reservas,"Ate" my US bank debit card,and charged me for 4,000 pesos I didn't get.
My US bank said that Banco de reservas informed them that the money was paid out.
"Bull$hit"!
They may not have "Payed Out" my money,But I can assure you that the "Have",and "Will" pay for it,"One Way",or "ANOTHER"!
CC
The problem is Codetel withdrew 15,000 pesos from my savings account without any reason.I surely did not authorize it,and to date,Codetel has not responded to BancoPopulars requests for info.Popular says to wait 48 more hours and then they will refund money,but I do not want to wait until monday,so am going to Popular manana with my accountant,A Dominican....maybe we can get an answer....
but it is scarey to think a company can get into your savings account .....
bob