Living in/ near Puerto Plata, DR

Soccergal11

Mar 7, 2012
I am a 21year old female about to move to the DR this summer for my new job. My offices are in Puerto Plata and I am therefore trying to find a nice 1-2 bedroom apartment or small home for RENT near or on the water. Doesnt really matter if furnished or not but I would like for it to include a refrigerator and washer/ dryer at least.

Needs to be in a predominantly safe area as I am a young woman who will be out working or going out sometimes at night.
- wifi capabilities
- cleanliness
- nice view

Something in reasonable price range i do want to live well though. I know some of the more luxury places are nice to live in but at night due to the vacancy it an be really unsafe.

Any recommendations, links, ads or comments I can have are well appreciated!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not going to happen, me thinks. POP real estate is pretty much "word of mouth"...
Write a note to BushBaby and see if he will rent you part of his huge house for the summer. He doesn't need the money but he might like someone who can speak English and think intelligently to be nearby...

You can ask, anyway...

HB

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
Try Jeff and Petra's apartments in Torre Alta. They are a little pricey by the week but a monthly rate is much less. Beautiful proprty in safe, quiet neighborhood. Located a few blocks from main road so public transportation is easy to get. Puerto Plata Apartments

juant

May 9, 2012
I am a 21year old female about to move to the DR this summer for my new job. My offices are in Puerto Plata and I am therefore trying to find a nice 1-2 bedroom apartment or small home for RENT near or on the water. Doesnt really matter if furnished or not but I would like for it to include a refrigerator and washer/ dryer at least.

Needs to be in a predominantly safe area as I am a young woman who will be out working or going out sometimes at night.
- wifi capabilities
- cleanliness
- nice view

Something in reasonable price range i do want to live well though. I know some of the more luxury places are nice to live in but at night due to the vacancy it an be really unsafe.

I can recommend you a link that I always use when I want to rent a condo/apartment. Check out homeaway.com for apartments, villas, houses and condos anywhere in DR. Good luck.

Aaramo

Sep 21, 2011

- wifi capabilities
- cleanliness
- nice view

Great place to stay is puerto plata beachclub ,it use to be an all-inclusive resort know they just renting the apartments furnius ,beach is front of the apartments you can call 809-586-4243 and tell them that you were refered by Big Lee, they have Great prices and they due speak english,, Good Luck.

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
Great place to stay is puerto plata beachclub ,it use to be an all-inclusive resort know they just renting the apartments furnius ,beach is front of the apartments you can call 809-586-4243 and tell them that you were refered by Big Lee, they have Great prices and they due speak english,, Good Luck.

I'm not sure you want to recommend this place, based on the reviews on this website:

Dominican Central Forums - Living - beware of puerto plata beach club at malecon -

hammerdown

Bronze
Apr 29, 2005
There are some apts right next to La Sirena (east side) on the Malecon, a friend from Canada stayed there, not sure what he paid, but it was quite inexpensive and he was happy.

Mike007

Aug 17, 2012

- wifi capabilities
- cleanliness
- nice view

Hi Soccergal11,

I have a furnished one bedroom apartment availlable in the gated communitty of Costambar. The water and electric is 24 hours guaranteed. There is cable tv and a hard wired dsl internet connection. There are also laundry facilities. The cost is only $400US monthly all included. You can call me at 305-810-8433 or email me at currencytrader1@hotmail.com . This is a link for more information Costambar : Dominican Republic Rentals : Apartment For Rent. Cheers,

Mike