i am a newbie here!! I am going to dominican next month

angelfire

Mar 7, 2012
I am going to visit santo domingo next month, always wanted to see the dominican and by chance i met a guy online who is from the dominican we been talking for some months now a few times a day and he calls me every chance that he gets. What i am wondering i mean i am staying at a resort and wanted him to join me but he says he will come visit me or i can go to visit at his house with him and his mother. he said no need to spend money on him to when he can just visit me whenever or i can go visit him. i dont know much of how the cultures are out in the dominican must be much different that my canadian culture. he said doesnt want me spending money. I want to go to see how he lives etc but i dont know what to expect. i dont speak very well spanish i am learning it so there will be some communication barriers as well. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
READ THE ARTICLE ON "SANKIES" HERE ON THE SITE. THEN, read the dozens... HUNDREDS??? of stories about situations like yours. If you don't get the message from all of that, nothing anyone will tell you will matter anyway.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You young, uneducated, and dumb as a horseshoe! You met someone online and are coming here to meet him? Nobody on this entire board will suggest that anything good can come of this.
This is NOT the "dominican", it is the Dominican Republic, with capital letters!! It is NOT santo domingo, it is Santo Domingo.

You do not need Spanish to get involved with one of these online lovers...they will know just how to make you think they love you...you are an investment for their future. They will take you to their oh-so-humble abode and mommy will cook for you and fawn all over you and tell you how beautiful you are....You are their LOTTO ticket!! If you hook up with this ignorant, dirt poor person you will get his entire family, including his wife and girlfriend and kids into Canada and plugged into that wonderful health service and all those goodies you folks provide the poor and the weak.

Get real girl!! What you are contemplating is plain stupid!!! Go take a walk in East L.A. if you want some excitement in your life...(I won't insult any barrio that I know about!)

Sheesh,

Go away!

HB

angelfire

Mar 7, 2012

probably not a wise thought but i am not a stupid woman of any means, i wouldnt give away money or a ticket out of the country just because...i am not a rich person either. i have always wanted to go to the dominican since i was a teenager and i finally get my chance so i will just enjoy the resort and sights....
You young, uneducated, and dumb as a horseshoe! You met someone online and are coming here to meet him? Nobody on this entire board will suggest that anything good can come of this.
This is NOT the "dominican", it is the Dominican Republic, with capital letters!! It is NOT santo domingo, it is Santo Domingo.

You do not need Spanish to get involved with one of these online lovers...they will know just how to make you think they love you...you are an investment for their future. They will take you to their oh-so-humble abode and mommy will cook for you and fawn all over you and tell you how beautiful you are....You are their LOTTO ticket!! If you hook up with this ignorant, dirt poor person you will get his entire family, including his wife and girlfriend and kids into Canada and plugged into that wonderful health service and all those goodies you folks provide the poor and the weak.

Get real girl!! What you are contemplating is plain stupid!!! Go take a walk in East L.A. if you want some excitement in your life...(I won't insult any barrio that I know about!)

Sheesh,

Go away!

HB

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
*Sigh*

The guys are right, but I'm a kinder, gentler kind of poster.

First, welcome to the board, and congratulations on choosing the Dominican Republic for an adventure. You will find the beaches beautiful and the people divine!

I'm drawing a blank on how to make the next comment kinder and gentler.

Let me just say this, if you want to experience what a poor Dominican lives like, take one of the tours the hotel offers that include a stop by the campo.

CaptnGlenn

Silver
Mar 29, 2010
Don't go alone... get a girlfriend or two to go with you. Strength in numbers... and you can keep each other out of trouble.

Santiagoguy

Apr 21, 2009
Hey Hillbilly,

You sound like a really knowledgable person, just wanted to know how long you've lived in the dominican?..I live in santiago but have always wanted to visit santo domingo as I hear its one of the must see parts of the dominican.

What are your thoughts on santo domingo in the dominican Mr.Knowledge and spells with capitals all the time??

La Rubia

Bronze
Jan 1, 2010
probably not a wise thought but i am not a stupid woman of any means, i wouldnt give away money or a ticket out of the country just because...i am not a rich person either. i have always wanted to go to the dominican since i was a teenager and i finally get my chance so i will just enjoy the resort and sights....

Good for you.

If you let us know where you're going, lots of people will recommend "must see" places to go and things to do.

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010

Sheesh,

Go away!

HB

Thanx for taken the heat away from me, I'm a little jealous I didn't post that.....

PeteyPablo

Bronze
Apr 30, 2011
Hey Hillbilly,

You sound like a really knowledgable person, just wanted to know how long you've lived in the dominican?..I live in santiago but have always wanted to visit santo domingo as I hear its one of the must see parts of the dominican.

What are your thoughts on santo domingo in the dominican Mr.Knowledge and spells with capitals all the time??

LMAO....not good!

This belongs in the Clown Bin

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As the deputy commander of the Grammar Police I have a sworn duty to correct some of the horrific references to the Dominican Republic...it is really just a reflection of poor education. Besides, God is on vacation and left me in charge....so there!

However, I did get a giggle out of that post....

Hey, today is the International "Womans Day", so be nice.

HB....

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
No matter how many times a post like this appears,containing "Every Cliche" about "I'm in love with a Dominica guy/gal" you DR1ers "Swallow-The-Bait","Hook,Line,& Sinker"!!!!
I too,was "Born-At-Night",but not just "Last Night"!
Show a little restraint.
Let the DR1 "Nice Guys" pour out page after page of "Motherly" advice about life,love,and happiness,THEN "Pounce"!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
TIS IS A "PUPPET THREAD"!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
At least even though he is a modulator he didn't close the thread. He must like to see blood spilled as much as the rest of us!

This is because we have assigned forums!!!!! This New Member Forum is not assigned to HB. I think it is Robert's and Wud has access to all forums.

BTW, this one belongs in the Mars/Venus which is my forum. :)

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
I am going to visit santo domingo next month, always wanted to see the dominican and by chance i met a guy online who is from the dominican we been talking for some months now a few times a day and he calls me every chance that he gets. What i am wondering i mean i am staying at a resort and wanted him to join me but he says he will come visit me or i can go to visit at his house with him and his mother. he said no need to spend money on him to when he can just visit me whenever or i can go visit him. i dont know much of how the cultures are out in the dominican must be much different that my canadian culture. he said doesnt want me spending money. I want to go to see how he lives etc but i dont know what to expect. i dont speak very well spanish i am learning it so there will be some communication barriers as well. any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....thanks

As one Canadian girl to another...............DON`T DO IT. Listen to these guys online, they know what they are talking about, albeit some of them have a crude way of putting things. Enjoy your trip, its sooooooo beautiful there, people, beaches, night life, food. Hey, I do hope you are going with a girlfriend or someone else.