• Thread starter "The Tourist Watcher"
  • Start date

President Vicente Fox(his name says it all)

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

The new "Fox of Deceipt and Corruption" President Vicente Fox of Mexico, who this week went towel shopping instead of taking care of Mexicos problems, now appears to be in deeper hot water because the "company" that he bought the embroidered towels at US$443dollars each now turns out does not exist. In other words the press has been trying to locate the place of business where Fox announced he bought the towels, and the address in the invoice is a family home.

The company called MYO exists only in Fox*s own imagination. When approached by the news, the family living in the address stated "There is no business here". What a joke!!

But Mr. Fox does not end his legacy of deceipt there. He has started a malicious and underhanded campaign to deny the Dominican Republic a post as a member of the Security Council at the United Nations, which until recently was almost assured with the support of the majority of the nations. In fact, Venezuela, which was the front runner before DR became the favorite, stepped out of contention and gave the DR its support thanks to President Chavez friendship with our nation. So what does the "Mexican Fox" do? He goes around the world now conducting a multimillion campaign with expensive wines, parties ,champagne, and briefcases full of money, to try to sway nations to vote for Mexico.

The man is beyond shame. A backstabber of great proportions. He even convinced the bearded one from Cuba(Of course with some oil dollars for him too) to support Mexico, and now Panama President Mireya Moscoso, who previously gave her unconditional support to DR, now changed her mind after receiving a few bucks herself. This is international corruption at its highest international level.

Perhaps Fox is still hurting for the beating we gave his Mexican team in the Baseball Caribbean series and winning the site of the 2003 Panamerican Games over Mexico City. Lets ban Mexican artists here, they are overpaid and their music is boring!

We should take steps against Cuba and Panama for their betrayal. They will need us some day for something. We should be ther to pay them back in return.

As for Mr. Fox, he will end up like most Mexican Presidents, either in jail or on the lam.

J

Joachim

Excellent post. If Latin American countries could stick together imagine the potential.

J

Jumday

To be blunt.......

The present government of the Dominican Republic has proven it cannot even handle its own internal problems. Frankly, while international lobbying efforts may certainly have some effect, perhaps it may be time to consider that the nations in question have a fundamental lack of confidence in the D.R. (after all the current president reviewed under the best light is a buffoon)

The statements made about "punishing" these nations are questionable and bluntly foolish. The D.R. shall never have the influence to have a major effect on the nations mentioned. The D.R. economy is just not large enough, diplomatic influence limited and the organization of the military corrupt and lacking basic efficiency.

Perhaps improving not only the perception of the D.R. abroad but the reality at home as well would be more fruitful.

Regards

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: To be blunt......You lack sophistication

Since when do you need a genius to be a member of the security council. How many bufoons do you want me to find you in the United Nations? For one, Mr. Fox, being the President of an oil power is showing more signs of being a clown than Hipolito himself. At least Hipolito is down to earth.

What do you know about bufoon Fox? Did you know he is being investigated already for having a sexual affair with his Administrative Assistant right in the Palace, just like your friend Clinton? Hipolito bought a $19,000 suit, with his own money, I guess. Fox bought towels for $US434 for his mansion with government money, while he is talking about a new beginning for Mexico, with honesty and clarity.Can you picture this? A President shopping for towels???? how ridiculous can you get? Listen, Hipolito looks better and better everyday compared to most of the bufoons from other countries. Look what happened to Menem, to Pinochet,to Fujimori,to Clinton, Toledo,To Prince Charles, To Diana,To the Monarchy in Monaco,To Chancellor Kohl in Germany,the bufoons from Russia one a drunk and the new one an incensitive bastard who was vacationing while hundreds of his submarine crew people were in their boat dying a terrible death and their families being told everthing was ok, and what about Canadian clown Trudeau? And the British House of Male Lord prostitutes who manage the affairs of Britain, where a major scandal happens almost every month, do you need more Big Nation bufoons, I can give you plenty. So do your homework before you talk nonsense.

And then..ther is Fidel Castro the king of bufoons. Need I say more? And Mireya Moscoso from Panama? Give me a break guy.

Are these the people you are talking about losing confidence. Confidence of what? What is so secret, complicated or sophisticated at the UN level that a jack ass cannot handle.

Besides, it is not Hipolito who is sitting there. It is a country seat. And wether you like it or not, if not now, soon a small nation, regardless of how smart they are, are going to be part of the Security Council. Be more intelligent than this.

T

Tom F.

Re: To be blunt......You lack sophistication

Jumbay makes sense TW. It was an accurate observation of international politics. I'm not sure if having an extra-marital will hurt his popularity as much as in the US with Clinton. We have a purtain streak in the US. Isn't freedom of the press grand? These things happen where ever human being decide to interact. Scandals are discussed less openly in the DR and often times issues of corruption are published in the papers without referring to individual names or names of businesses. Supposedly Balaguer has children that are not publically acknowledged. Not saying it is a scandal but if true, it shows how information can be supressed easier in the DR. I remember learning about then VP Troncoso illegally selling off millions of dollars worth of trees from behind Quita Espuella to help finance the Reformista campaign in 90. Him and others are still in the mix and as far as I know, they don't get punished and oftentimes continue to maintain positions of power.

Can you mention a chief executive you respect? Global warming, war, famine, poverty, infecious diseases, and enviromental destruction to name a few. These decisions are all played in the game of politics. We doesn't Hipolito convince them to apply the rules of baseball and the DR will be a sure winner.

C

CPaulino

TE REPRESENTS DOMINICANS TO THE WORLD

Simply because people of the civilized world view Dominicans as you prsent themselves. No one wants a ranting uneducated fool on the Security Council

As long as people like yourself are represenative of your country, you will be a 3rd world Banana Republic

S

sandra

Re: To be blunt...tourist watcher

Pierre Elliot Trudeau was a bufoon?????????????/
You need to clarify that point!

B

Bob Saunders

Re: To be blunt...tourist watcher

PET:Arrogant and many other things but certainly not a buffoon, but Chretian, Si.

&

"The Tourist Watcher"

Re: I like Clinton, no apologies!

Tom F. for your pleasure, my favorite President was Clinton. Was he a bufoon at times? Yes, but to me any guy who likes girls is my friend. Specially one who can handle a girl, an economy and that lousy Congress like he did.

I dont like bufoons who hide their bufoonery. Fox is one sneaky SOB, who take my word for it, is not going to be much of anything at the end of his term.

Hipolito is another one who may go down as an inept. But like I said, to be in the Security Council you dont have to be very smart.

J

Jumday

Re: To be blunt......You provide your own rebuttal

I have reviewed your response and unfortunately found it lacking in concept, logic and intelligence. To argue the indisputable reasons for why there would a fundamental lack of confidence in the D.R. is a waste of my time, so I shall use your own recent comments to hopefully provide the needed perspective.

(comments of tourist watcher)

<<<<----As if Dominicans could handle anymore abuses of power, neglect and deceipt from the Dominican Senate and House of Representatives(Camara de Diputados), our glorius
"un-representatives are now in conjunction with Hipolito Mejia and his PRD Party trying to kill the Constituent Assembly Committee ,appointed by Hippo himself, to reform our Constitution.

??
It appears now that these cynics "cannot trust to bestow 40% of the representation to our civil society". They just do not trust the people. They believe that to be a representative of your nation you have to join a political party and perhaps "steal a few pesos to qualify".

??
What is even worse, they are denying women equal representation in a country that has elected the last two presidents with the majority of women, our strongest and most decisive electorate.

??
It seems polititians just do not learn their lesson. Their personal financial ambition is so great that they are willing to risk everything, including going to jail. The whole scheme is nothing more than an extortion to try to get the people to let them extend their term of office two more years, so that Presidential and Congressional elections can be held at the same time.

??
It is no secret that most of these legislators would not be able to retain their posts in 2002, so they are trying to do everything possible to get the extra two years to stuff their pockets before they go on the unemployment line from the most generous governments in our history(Leonel and Hipolito)

??
Dominicans cannot stand for this. Women will definetly, again rise to the ocassion and demonstrate their power, since our male electorate continues to grease the way for thievery and corruption. The lesson from Venezuela has not even raised the eyebrows of our ineffective and corrupted elected officials.

??
Already our streets are beginning to get plastered with their dirty, obnoxious and visually offensive propaganda. Trees, electricity poles and cables,bridges, streets, the walls of private homes, buildings, even our colonial treasures are being painted, glued,nailed and bannered with pictures of these parasites.*----->>>>

The logical conclusion of your comments is that the D.R. is corrupt at the highest levels and its democracy fragile, which is well supported by recent actions (examples: the dismissal of a large number of employees that were not of the "correct" political party, the arrest of a government official under the guise of "undermining the president" for lying (if they arrested dominicans for lying...all would be in prison).

Now if you were to review the actions of this present government objectively (the actions taken under the guise of corruption fighting, much like your "great friend" Chavez) what would the logical progression of these policies conclude. I believe you are intelligent enough to see the thrust of what of my point...and hopefully understand the reasons why the D.R. is not ready and may never be ready to assume a role in world politics.

Regards