New Fresh Mex Resturant in Sosua.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Across from Banco Popular a new Taco / Burrito place opened and I tried the 3 Taco special for $RD 140 and mixed the hard with the soft and it was very good.

They did not have fish tacos though...it takes time !

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I've eaten there a few times now and it's really good! The burrito's are excellent (the best I've had) and the service is nice and friendly, I wish them loads of luck!!!!!

DMLVT

Jan 12, 2004
Stopped by the new Mexican restaurant in Sousa. The burritos were great and the prices are fair. Spoke to one of the owners. He and his wife ran a similar business in Canada. The place appears to be well run and clean. Hope business goes well for them. Gorditos is too far away

southwardbound2

Jun 5, 2008
Stopped by the new Mexican restaurant in Sousa. The burritos were great and the prices are fair. Spoke to one of the owners. He and his wife ran a similar business in Canada. The place appears to be well run and clean. Hope business goes well for them. Gorditos is too far away
Canadian Mexicans?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Cdn-Mex........... you wouldn't call them 'wetbacks' would you ?

Icebacks, maybe ?

Just kidding.... joke, here

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Yeah, the rims of their sombreros are full of snow :laugh:

I ate there again today. I had their new "double decker tacos". WOW! A fantastic twist on a taco and I'm not going to tell you what they are so you will just have to go try them for yourself! This place is great and way too close to my office to be good for my waistline!!!!!!!

clearwood

Mar 14, 2012
As 2 owners are caterers/restaurant business owners from Canada the 3rd amigo is a direct Mexican descendant and has family recipes and knowledge of the flavors of Mexico!!

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Just eating their mixed Taco plate now, pulled pork, beef and chicken...3 tacos for 140 pesos....very good!

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
I've been there 3 times now and quite happy with the taste, quality and service. Saves me the trip to Cabarete for Gorditos. This place is equivalent and the owners are super nice.

eldanes

Apr 6, 2011
Not exactly sure where the Banco Popular is :-o Any more places close by?

Do you know where Orange is? You know down town by the Playero mini supermarket? Well, Orange is right next to Banco Popular so the "chuzo" should be right in front of Orange. Or ajacent of Baileys rest.
http://maps.google.co.uk/?ll=19.763993,-70.516976&spn=0.002893,0.004823&t=m&z=18

Eldan?s

Actually "chuzo" is probably Colombian Spanish but means small business mostly with food and/or alchol.

Last edited:

brlatm

Apr 26, 2012
Ate here today with my wife while in town taking care of business. Excellent service and really good food for little price. I would highly recommend it to anyone that wants a quick great meal for a good price.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
The food here is just as good as Gordito's in Cabarete IMO, which is great. They also have the equivalent of a frequent diner card, for every 5 meals you eat there you get the 6th one free I believe.

R23

Sep 2, 2012
I give them 6 months before they also close...$140 pesos is still pricy.

j&t's future

Bronze
Mar 6, 2007
I give them 6 months before they also close...$140 pesos is still pricy.

A shocking comment. I won't start a debate on what and where you can eat for 140 pesos, but if you can't afford 140 pesos for meal you shouldn't be here.
Sadly a grave reminder to potential business owners who may consider investing in the catering trade, many people coming here really are on a 'shoestring' budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.