I am new here looking for some good places to stay and see in Santo Domingo

chillingirl

Mar 10, 2012
I am new to this site and it seems to have quite a bit of information here. I am planning on going to Santo Domingo with some friends and my daughter as well i was wondering if anyone knows of some good all inclusives to stay at i have been looking online but would like some good advice about where to go and where not to go, etc. Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
For an all-inclusive resort near the capital you'd have to go to somewhere like Hamaca in Boca Chica. It's about 30 mins out of the city. You have a white sand beach but if you leave the confines of the resort the town itself is seedy with hustlers and sex tourism, and the sea view has been ruined by an industrial port installation nearby.

Unless you absolutely have to be within a very short distance of the capital, you'll have a much better DR experience in Bayahibe or Saman? - both about 2 hours drive from Santo Domingo.

chillingirl

Mar 10, 2012
how is bellevue dominican bay resort?? any ideas? Thanks for the info chirimoya its very appreciated.
For an all-inclusive resort near the capital you'd have to go to somewhere like Hamaca in Boca Chica. It's about 30 mins out of the city. You have a white sand beach but if you leave the confines of the resort the town itself is seedy with hustlers and sex tourism, and the sea view has been ruined by an industrial port installation nearby.

Unless you absolutely have to be within a very short distance of the capital, you'll have a much better DR experience in Bayahibe or Saman? - both about 2 hours drive from Santo Domingo.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Look up the Embassy Suits in Juan Dolio.
They have mini-suites,a king,or 2 full beds in the bedroom,and a fold out couch in the living room.
They are located in the Metro Country Club's private grounds.They charge by the room,not per person.They include a huge buffet breakfast,or you can go all inclusive,I wouldn't.Eat lunch and dinner at the beach,
The hotel is not on the beach, but their pool is HUGE,with a swim up bar,and a hot tub,I can't spell,"Jaquezi"????
It is on a golf course.They have a private beach club to use,with a free shuttle.
Juan Dolio beach are has many all inclusive hotels to check out.
You can make a day trip to Santo Domingo,or just enjoy the beach! I say "BEACH"!
Don't forget "Puerto Plata on the north coast.Many more all inclusives there.I just came back from two days there.The hotel was full of kids on Spring Break.They were having a great time.
Cris Colon

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi:
When you say you want to be in Santo Domingo are you talking about being in the city or 45 minutes from the city. Boca Chica and Juan Dolio are not Santo Domingo. If you want to stay in the city the Colonial Zone is a good choice. GoogleHotel El Conde'de Panebla. This is located right in the heart of the historical district and very reasonalbly price. Ask for a room with a balcony

LTS

chillingirl

Mar 10, 2012
i guess i meant more on the beach, i thought they were pretty close to Santo Domingo but in the vicinity, looking for a more all inclusive place and good places to shop at as well
Hi:
When you say you want to be in Santo Domingo are you talking about being in the city or 45 minutes from the city. Boca Chica and Juan Dolio are not Santo Domingo. If you want to stay in the city the Colonial Zone is a good choice. GoogleHotel El Conde'de Panebla. This is located right in the heart of the historical district and very reasonalbly price. Ask for a room with a balcony

LTS

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
The only all inclusives you will find close to Santo Domingo will be as everyone has stated in the Boca Chica and Juan Dolio area. Not really sure you will find much shopping in those areas. If your not stuck on the Santo Domingo area have you thought about La Romana or as suggested Bayahibe or Puerto Plata. One of these areas would work much better for you in terms of what your looking to do as far as enjoying the beach but also being able to get out and about the town.

beastwood

Jun 30, 2011
Agreed.....with all of the above, that said....

The only all inclusives you will find close to Santo Domingo will be as everyone has stated in the Boca Chica and Juan Dolio area. Not really sure you will find much shopping in those areas. If your not stuck on the Santo Domingo area have you thought about La Romana or as suggested Bayahibe or Puerto Plata. One of these areas would work much better for you in terms of what your looking to do as far as enjoying the beach but also being able to get out and about the town.

I will put in a plug for the beach at Juan Dolio. Being very budget minded we have stayed twice at Costa Carib in Juan Dolio. The beach is beautiful, but as an all inclusive it is absolutly not even in the same class as what you will find in other areas or further down the road (heading east) in La Romana. The food is passable, water-sports non-existent, but we love it for the beach, and the price sub $100/ night for 2 all inclusive. The rooms are spacious and fine. Night time show quirky but well done. .....see All Inclusive Vacations, Resorts, and Vacation Packages | Cheap Caribbean for the under $100 deal.

Beyond that as stated the Colonial Zone is where you find shopping, plethora of eateries, and historical places to see. Unfortunately to get it all near the capitol (beach and all the culture, food shopping) you need to split your time between Juan Dolio or Boca Chica (BC for the ahemm funky minded), and the capitol.