tjclark1782

Mar 12, 2012
Hello all, I am new to this forum, my name is Tim and I live in the US and I am looking to retire to the dominican republic before the end of the year. I have been to the dominican republic before both in the resorts and in the cities of Santiago and Santo Domingo. My question would be where is the best place in the DR to retire to and how much of an income would I need to live comfortably. Thanks in advance.

web

Nov 5, 2005
What do you like to do? Do you have any hobbies? Do you have a budget planned? (not that I do) Do you have to be near the beach? I live on the North Coast because I love the beach. I also enjoy going to Santiago for the movies, malls etc. If you are going to retire here you can live nicely on $2500 usd per month. I am not too familiar with Santo Domingo but the Zona Colonial is awesome and I often find myself longing to be in SDQ for the theater, concerts, festivals and cultural events not found in Santiago and definately not Puerto Plata or Sosua.

Hello all, I am new to this forum, my name is Tim and I live in the US and I am looking to retire to the dominican republic before the end of the year. I have been to the dominican republic before both in the resorts and in the cities of Santiago and Santo Domingo. My question would be where is the best place in the DR to retire to and how much of an income would I need to live comfortably. Thanks in advance.

Sohrab

Oct 1, 2010
Welcome to the forum.
It is great to plan, but I need to quote Cris Colon the very old and wise forum member. Come and live and rent for a while before committing to any long term plans. Island life is not for everyone. There are other countries like Mexico, Panama, and others that are not islands and are definitely worth considering for retirement. Dominican Republic is like a jewel, and just like any other island has its limitations.

pelaut

Bronze
Aug 5, 2007
www.ThornlessPath.com
Take one full year, not a day less. Travel around a bit, acculturate.
Rent of course. Don't make any decisions or commitments.
Plan. Discard the plan. Plan again, discard again.
Then, on day 366, execute the plan.